WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Omega Aqua Terra
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I went to my local AD to try and figure out what my next purchase will be. It was lots of fun! The watch manager was very polite and accommodating. Even gave me a few catalogs and a hard cover Rolex book to take home with me!
I tried on a Speedmaster with sapphire crystal and display case back, a IWC pilot style, a Rolex Explorer 1, a Rolex OP 39 and. Tudor North Flag. Went in thinking the North Flag was one of my favs but I did not like it as much on the wrist. The IWC was ok but I like both Rolex's and the Speedy the best. I think I am leaning towards the Explorer but it's a tough decision.... Pics attached for your pleasure! All opinions welcome!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
921 Posts
Thanks for sharing that pics!

Kinda funny but if you threw an Aqua Terra and a Submariner into the mix, I think you’d have just about every watch I considered for a similar purchase I made last year. The Speedy was my favorite followed by the Explorer 1, but I ended up passing on the Speedy because of the larger size and getting the Explorer 1. (Next on my purchase list today is the Submariner, which didn’t even make my top 3 at the time but ended up growing on me after the fact). If it were me I’d be narrowing it down to the Explorer and speedy...with the OP39 as a distant third. But that depends on what the rest of your collection looks like?

Reactions: Besbro

·
Registered
967 Posts
Really terrific choices, but that makes the decision that much tougher. My fave is the OP, beautiful and very versatile. The Explorer is a very close second for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
390 Posts
See if you could look at the blue "Le Petite Prince" version of the IWC Pilot Mark 18. The dial color and texture is just phenomenal to stare it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Omega Aqua Terra
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for sharing that pics!

Kinda funny but if you threw an Aqua Terra and a Submariner into the mix, I think you’d have just about every watch I considered for a similar purchase I made last year. The Speedy was my favorite followed by the Explorer 1, but I ended up passing on the Speedy because of the larger size and getting the Explorer 1. (Next on my purchase list today is the Submariner, which didn’t even make my top 3 at the time but ended up growing on me after the fact). If it were me I’d be narrowing it down to the Explorer and speedy...with the OP39 as a distant third. But that depends on what the rest of your collection looks like?
The rest of my collection that I plan on hanging on to for a while consists of a Sarb017 and a Steinhart Ocean One Titanium 500. I have a few more but am currently selling. This will be my first higher end purchase.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
The Rolex Oyster Perpetual and Rolex Explorer look great on your wrist.

·
Registered
15,940 Posts
The Rolexes and IWC are nice!!!!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The rest of my collection that I plan on hanging on to for a while consists of a Sarb017 and a Steinhart Ocean One Titanium 500. I have a few more but am currently selling. This will be my first higher end purchase.

The ExpI and OP look good on you so I thought it would be between those two... then I saw the IWC and that looks great on you.
Then I read what you have, and noticed you don't have a chronograph. So when I now put myself in your shoes, I lean towards the Speedy.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
There some tough choices, but I do like the speedy reduce a lot!

·
Registered
9,555 Posts
Wow, some really sharp stuff. They all look good on you but if "I" had to narrow it down it would be, not in any order, the Explorer, Mark XVIII, and OP.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts