WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one of these - it was a collaboration between T.A.D. and MKII based on the Seiko SKX - there were various bezel and dial options available, I just missed pulling the trigger on one at the time (I think it was over 10 years ago) kind of kicking myself that I missed the boat.
If you have one put up some shots it would be fun to revisit the early days of MKII.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
I have a TAD Gear stealth jacket; my favorite all conditions go to jacket. No TAD/MKII watch though; but curious to see what they look like.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one of these. Found this thread in google search. New member here. Most of my watches were issued but I am looking to expand my selection.

Does anyone have one of these - it was a collaboration between T.A.D. and MKII based on the Seiko SKX - there were various bezel and dial options available, I just missed pulling the trigger on one at the time (I think it was over 10 years ago) kind of kicking myself that I missed the boat.
If you have one put up some shots it would be fun to revisit the early days of MKII.

·
Registered
105 Posts
As the Founder and original CEO of this brand, I saw early on the potential of what Yao was trying to accomplish and reached out to create this collaboration. The modded Seikos he was offering in the early days were just a taste of things to come from MKII. He has gone far and have produced some of the coolest "tool-watches" out there. Something very purpose driven with most of MKII inhouse watch models which resonate with many of us. :-!

I just recently saw his Greywater model which were very cool, but alas missed out on them. b-) Perhaps a new Paradive will be in my future down the road.

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Love it H1 Howitzer I found another MKII Bill Yao original last year complete with box and all the goodies, it's one of my favourite go to working watches - I think mine has many of the same features as yours though mine has no TAD logo, a date window and it has a different handset .

MKII - Original from 2005.jpg

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for chiming in on this, yes I still regret not jumping on the TAD MKII back when they showed up on the website in 2002, still a great concept, glad I found something close.

As the Founder and original CEO of this brand, I saw early on the potential of what Yao was trying to accomplish and reached out to create this collaboration. The modded Seikos he was offering in the early days were just a taste of things to come from MKII. He has gone far and have produced some of the coolest "tool-watches" out there. Something very purpose driven with most of MKII inhouse watch models which resonate with many of us. :-!

I just recently saw his Greywater model which were very cool, but alas missed out on them. b-) Perhaps a new Paradive will be in my future down the road.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Having recently been to the TAD store in SF, I have to say that it is sadly a shell of its former self. Literally about 1/3 the floor space, very little gear (they use to have some very unique pieces of outdoor / "adventure" gear), no more Rocket Gear. They are primarily apparel boutique now.

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hah! Yes exactly like that!! Nice one, do you have anymore shots? Does it have the sterile caseback etc?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts