WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not many people know that in the 1990s, the Mk40 Triple Date was seen by Omega as the range topper of the Speedmaster line. In 1995, the Professional Speedy was $2250 while the Triple Date was $2300. 25 years later, the Moon watch has doubled in price and the Triple Date has been forgotten.

·
Registered
Doxa 300 T pro
383 Posts
It’s in my list, especially one like this with the patina lume. I would take it over the Pro personally. I prefer automatics and love the complications. I have the 3513 and absolutely love the size and layout, just getting to the point where I want better contrast on the dial and hands.

·
Registered
150 Posts
While I prefer the 42mm of the Pro, I prefer the mvt in the Day/Date better. I love my Triple Date Blue dial so I can live with the 39mm
Don’t have a Pro, but I’d love to get the Triple that looks almost just like it.
Looks like it would look larger with the black tach bezel.
Watch Analog watch Wood Automotive tire Clock

Watch Hand Analog watch Light Clock

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While I prefer the 42mm of the Pro, I prefer the mvt in the Day/Date better. I love my Triple Date Blue dial so I can live with the 39mm
Don’t have a Pro, but I’d love to get the Triple that looks almost just like it.
Looks like it would look larger with the black tach bezel. View attachment 16366303
View attachment 16366306
Your watch is a classic mid-2000s design, where as the Mk40 is too derivative of the original. Hang on to your watch, and it will become sought after in the years to come. The 70s speedy Mk2 could have been had for next to nothing in the 90s. Now they go for many thousands

·
Registered
150 Posts
Your watch is a classic mid-2000s design, where as the Mk40 is too derivative of the original. Hang on to your watch, and it will become sought after in the years to come. The 70s speedy Mk2 could have been had for next to nothing in the 90s. Now they go for many thousands
Oh it’s not going anywhere, but I still want the Mk40 for my old eyes. Lol
I do prefer it’s face and hands more too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I owned a triple date, the upgraded 3220.50.00 chronometer version. It was incredibly accurate but also incredibly noisy and tall for a 40mm. I sold it to step up to the professional. IMHO, the triple date is a solid watch but it'll never be a classic and its price history reflects that.

·
Premium Member
42,686 Posts
Great review of a very nice and unique watch, IMHO.

Good job.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I believe the Triple is already a classic, certainly sought after.
The Pros are great and will eventually get one, but I still prefer the DayDate mvt. Fot its complications.
Just wished it was a little larger for my 7.25” wrist.

Reactions: RDLC

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
327 Posts
Not seen these before, current look on eBay didn’t make them out to be massively cheap though. Like it though!

Feedback on the video, is it worth trying to avoid so much reflection on the crystal? Made it hard to soak up the intricacy and beauty of the dial.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Very cool! Do you have any more photos/angles?
Sure, here's the Uncle Seiko, and I included some Forstner Flatlink pics for comparison of fit. They're both good bracelets. The Forstner does not come in 18mm, but if it did, I would have gone with that. As you can tell from the photos, the Forstner has a more customizable fit. It has a few stretchy links near the clasp that help ease the bracelet over your hand, but the US1135 does not have that feature. If I had the perfect bracelet fit, it wouldn't be able to get the US1135 over my hand. Obviously, depends on your personal hand and wrist size. US1135 comes in multiple lug widths, so it's the only option on this watch.

Uncle Seiko has another 18mm option but it doesn't specify if it fits on the triple date, so I didn't want to mess around with the end links and pliers.

Uncle Seiko US1135 Flatlink (18mm) Fit

Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Wrist
Watch Arm Analog watch Light Clock
Watch Arm Gesture Finger Wrist
Watch Human body Gesture Finger Elbow

Forstner Flatlink (20mm) Fit

Watch Analog watch Arm Silver Gesture
Watch Arm Analog watch Gesture Finger
Watch Gesture Finger Material property Wrist

1 - 20 of 24 Posts