WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be looking for the impossible. Is there a auto with tritium hands and dial, sapphire crystal, water restant to at least 100m for around $200 or less? Is this asking for too much? Ed

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Tall order... Tritium is the most limiting factor. Try looking at Deep Blue's offerings, they may check most of your boxes, but not all.

If you can stretch your budget a bit you might want to look for a pre-owned Marathon GSAR for a quality rugged piece that meets all your requirements outside of price.

Cheers,
HBL

·
Registered
474 Posts
The closest I think you can get is a used Christopher Ward c600. It hits all the categories plus some and it can be had for about $350. I'm not sure of any that are cheaper/ less expensive. I had one and it's a really good watch, I sold it to a friend that was begging me. I would gladly own another. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Deep Blue or maybe a used Christopher Ward.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Tall order... Tritium is the most limiting factor. Try looking at Deep Blue's offerings, they may check most of your boxes, but not all.

If you can stretch your budget a bit you might want to look for a pre-owned Marathon GSAR for a quality rugged piece that meets all your requirements outside of price.

Cheers,
HBL
X2 on the Deep Blue's.
Doesn't Traser have a cheaper trit model as well? Or are they just quartz?

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'd say your best bet is a Deep Blue Daynight Diver T100

33mm sapphire crystal
mbmicrotec T100 tritium gas lights on hands (H, M, S) and dial (a mix of orange, blue, and green depending on the color of the face)
Seiko NH25 automatic movement
46mm case

They can definitely be had for around $200. I have to be honest with you. I used to own one of these and I sold it because I thought the plastic rotating bezel insert with the painted on numbers made it seem really chinzty. But for around $200, you are not going to find a better deal, especially for a tritium watch...ESPECIALLY with T100 gas lights (Ball being the only other company that offers a watch with T100 and they are $$$$)

Deep Blue Watches | DAYNIGHT DIVER TRITIUM Tubes -T100 - 46mm

If you want one, just keep an eye out on Watch Recon. They pop up fairly regularly. Also watch out for the Daynight Ops model. 1mm smaller but pretty much the same.

deep blue - WatchRecon

·
Registered
321 Posts
I had the 46 mm deep blue diver. Sold it because it was too huge and unbalanced for me. Good value though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Go to " ShopNBC " and checkout " DeepBlue ". Look at their Daynight T100. Tritium gas tubes, 300m water resis., Etc. Regular price is arouond $420, however, wait for a sale and you could pick one up for less than $300 brand new in the box. I did!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I may be looking for the impossible. Is there a auto with tritium hands and dial, sapphire crystal, water restant to at least 100m for around $200 or less? Is this asking for too much? Ed
Ed,
What did you end up going with?
I've got the Deep Blue and have been very happy with it. I also wanted auto, tritium and sapphire but couldn't find anything in my price range. You're gonna be pleased with the Deep Blue DayNight T25. If/when I learn more about watches and modding, I'd like to take the tritium hands off my Deep Blue and put them on my Citizen Eco-Drive or maybe a solar G-Shock!

-Ed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts