WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the looks of the C-Sar at its size, but don't like the second hand being Superluminova instead of a Tritium tube.

I like the Ball watches quite a bit, but the C-Sar is bigger than the equivalent hardy watches in the Mad Cow, etc.

Curious as to opinions from people who have owned either brand or both as to what you do and don't like about them.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ball is selling in a different price bracket to Marathon for many of their watches. They're a commercial brand whereas the Marathons you see are excess from govt. contracts.

Styling wise, Ball is more varied. There are many different styles/designs/functions to choose from. GMT, diver, chrono, day/date etc.

The marathons are true blue military watches, so they all have a very tactical/mission orientation and look very rugged. All of them offer either the standard time only/time and date or chrono.

There are a few Balls with DLC treatment so they'll look new longer. You may wanna consider tt.

Balls have more trits in their watches than Marathon, in general because they obtained clearance to place more of them from the regulating body. Trit quality wise, they're the same cos they all come from the same factory (MB-Microtec)

·
G-Shock Mod
14,009 Posts
Trit quality wise, they're the same cos they all come from the same factory (MB-Microtec)
i thought there are another tritium from canada?

e.g. HKS or S&W's tritium doesn't come from MB-Microtec in swiss

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
the csar has pretty good tubes and so does the ball. I see no difference at full dark between the 2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts