WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a member for years, never posting but reading threads and enjoying the conversations. I keep to myself so I guess that makes me a troll. Now I want to sell my Tag and I can't because although I have been a member for three years, I don't have enough posts :-(. I am just not a big talker, or in this case, a typer! It's time we started building bridges instead of pushing certain members of our society under them. Equal rights for Trolls! In the mean time, I guess I better start posting if I want to sell my watch. So... whatcha guys want to talk about?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
You're not a troll.That's some one that starts trouble and discord on forums. You're simply lurking.Come out of the shadows and into the light.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, ok! Sweet, well in that case we need to round up all the Trolls and send them back to where they are from... under bridges. Trolls? Not in my town! Now about those Lurker rights.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Forums are about participation and there needs to be a mechanism to encourage and promote that participation. For most forums that mechanism is in part a minimum post count before you can sell something. It gets and keeps people involved. Without it the place could deteriorate into a big for sale listing and be lacking in any other content

·
Moderator at Large
54,016 Posts
Make sure you don‘t go speed posting here on WUS. Trolls and speed poster often share the same fate.
If your sale is time critical you should sell on ebay or chrono24.

Not sure if your title is well-chosen btw. Discrimination is a hard word.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Forums are about participation and there needs to be a mechanism to encourage and promote that participation. For most forums that mechanism is in part a minimum post count before you can sell something. It gets and keeps people involved. Without it the place could deteriorate into a big for sale listing and be lacking in any other content
I totally get it. Actually I'm glad it is this way. I have sold things on craigslist and eBay and scammers seem to come out of the woodwork. Very frustrating and TIME CONSUMING.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Make sure you don‘t go speed posting here on WUS. Trolls and speed poster often share the same fate.
If your sale is time critical you should sell on ebay or chrono24.
Really, "speed posting"? So many rules and etiquette. What if you get into a heated debate? I think they call them flame wars. Did I get that term right? I think that's a thing.

·
Moderator at Large
54,016 Posts
Really!! Speed posting with the aim of reaching 100 posts will result in access to the Sales Corner being removed and the members post count will be adjusted. Superfluous posts will be regarded as spam and deleted. What constitutes speed posting is at the discretion of the WatchUSeek Admins and Moderating team.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Really!! Speed posting with the aim of reaching 100 posts will result in access to the Sales Corner being removed and the members post count will be adjusted. Superfluous posts will be regarded as spam and deleted. What constitutes speed posting is at the discretion of the WatchUSeek Admins and Moderating team.

+1 :-d

1 - 20 of 90 Posts