WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is part of a new line that Orient put out this summer. It uses the 46B45 movement which includes a 24 hour and day sundial and date complication. This movement is the same as used in the previous Defender, Sky and I believe the Sun and Moons. In fact I picked this up because I was looking for a sporty watch that I could wear days I'm out in the field and liked the Defender and stumbled into the Trooper. New for this incarnation is the crystal is sapphire. It comes on a metal bracelet with solid end links. The hands are lumed and each hour has a small lume dot but the applied chrome markers and edge of the hands catch light in semi dark which kind of overpowers the line but does help you see the time. In total dark the lume is steady and readable but not bright. While I like the bracket I tried to dress it up on leather and think it is passable like that but it won't be a true dress watch. However while putting the bracket back on I accidentally lost a pin from the clasp and had to put it on a NATO which I think really works.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts