WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
currently I am in the market for a sport watch. I truly love both of these watches.I understand the history and prestige off the BP, and I also understand the exclusivity and the fineness of the Parmigiani. both of these watches look great. Around the same price range. This is probably going to be the last to watch my wife lets me by in a while. In all honesty I'm leaning towards the parmigiani, but then I think about the timelessness of the blancpain. ?.... please help with pros and cons.... thanks

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
For me the timeless simple look of the FF wins by a mile. For me it is simply aesthetics so it is difficult to make a pro/con list.

·
Banned
10,075 Posts
Of the two, the Fifty Fathoms is the one I'd choose.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I've always liked the BP fifty fathoms but get the watch that's going to give you the most joy. Don't worry about the one you 'should' buy. Easier said then done though, I figure several brands sales would be cut dramatically if people bought what they liked instead of what they 'should' buy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Blancpain FF is a wonderfully elegant and understated watch - the Parmigiani has style, and is very very well made.FF is a 'safe' choice.. a Parmigiani will be a coinnosseur choice!
so what didyou choose Ii the end

·
Registered
186 Posts
I will cast a dissenting vote for the Parmigiani. I own it (with white face on rubber, I believe mine is less than 45mm ). The dial is superb with lots of details, the curved lugs and micro-adjustable rubber strap combine for a perfect fit, most comfortable watch I have despite it not being the lightest or slimmest. Quite accurate too. The design is not safe (more like polarizing) that is for sure and that probably explains in part the poor resale value. Resale (and so-so lume) are the only bad things I can say about this watch (on the plus side, it is a total steal for what you get if buying used). It is my go-to watch when I feel in a sportier mood. I love it. So different and superbly finished. I have tried the FF multiple times and never liked it enough. It is a diver watch, black face, black bezel. Sure: great movement with long power reserve, the bezel has a beautiful shine, the case shape is elaborate etc but just meh for me. Another black diver that's bigger than it needs to be. And the price is up there for a three-hander, heritage or not.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Personally I would go for the Blancpain FF. I like its classic looks.

Perhaps you should look at your existing collection and ask yourself what would be the best thing to add to it i.e. a diver or a chronograph; a black dial watch v/s another colour etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts