WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my third time removing links from a watch bracelet, and my second Vostok. These pins are different from what I've seen before -- very hard to pull out, and even harder to get back in. Is there some trick to this that I'm missing?

Vostok_bracelet_problem_1.jpg Vostok_bracelet_problem_2.jpg Vostok_bracelet_problem_3.jpg Vostok_bracelet_problem_4.jpg

·
Registered
35,455 Posts
Generally acknowledged to not be worth the trouble. I didn't believe it until I tried it myself. Ended up using pliers to unfold the links. I guess there's a reason all the Amphibias on the sales forum come with unused bracelets.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Stock Vostok Amphibia bracelets are usually quite poor. With that sad, there is a technique to putting these bracelets back together. When I adjusted my first Vostok bracelet, I struggled just like you till I figured out a technique that made it easy.

My technique was to grab the tip of the pin very firmly with a Vise-Grip (locking pliers) and use it to guide the pin into its slot in the other end of the bracelet, and push in with the vise grip too. Without the locking pliers, I was unable to precisely guide the pin in, and all the hammering in the world would only bend the bracelet. With the locking pliers, I was able to easily guide the pin into the narrow opening on the other end and push it in. Once the pin was guided into its spot on the other end, I released the vise grip and a few light taps with a small hammer were enough to get it in the rest of the way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts