WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi brothers watchuseek
I just bought a new Casio EFB - 503 sdbd from areatrend, my sister in US order and send to me in Vietnam
I'm falling in love with this watch, cause of saphire crytal face, solar power and pretty design, matching with my wrist.
But solar power is problem, this watch didn't tick when i unbox, i have read the user manual about how to recover from dead batterry, and i have tried all methods, put in sunshine 48hs, or put in light ~170hs, but the problem not yet fixed.
Now my watch only tick on sunshine, can not on darkness. Sometime it also stops even in sunshine.
I checked the warranty paper, it doesnt have international warranty, only in US.
I'm so sad and google can not help, i have just known watchuseek and immediately i register an account and post this theard for the help.
Thank all somuch!

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!
Sounds like the rechargeable battery is dead - it probably uses a CTL920 - changing it for a new one should be no problem and you can do it yourself with a proper screwdriver but I'd first check with Casio if they'd service it under warranty even if it just has US warranty. Opening it yourself will certainly void the warranty. Or try and give it a few more days of sun but normally it should come back to life after a few hours in the sun - I have a WV-M400 that I bought used and it was "dead" on arrival but a few hours in the sun fired it back up.

cheers, Sedi :-D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Many thanks Sedi, do you think that changing new battery can fix the problem, i tried it so many hours on sun but it's still no work, may the solar module be dead? And do you sure that the battery type is CTL920, it's used in some citizen ecodriver? Where can i buy it?
And other problem is somtime on sun but do not tick, can the machine wrong?

Many thanks again :D

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
I'm not 100% sure about the battery but the CTL920 is widely used in analog and ana-digi Casios. There might be another problem with the watch but to me it sounds like it's the battery that's not holding a charge. But like I wrote - first try to ask Casio if they honor the warranty.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have already bought CTL92 on ebay, easy to open the case and i found it wrong, the battery is MT920, i'm nearly gonnna die :-:)-(
But the MT920 and CTL920 have a little difference, removal little path in MT and paste to CTL, so i can install it easily, lucky that it works.
Now my Edifice work stable and exactly.
Thank you so much Sedi
That's my boy :):):)

10620698_10202960730402703_649962295690512026_n.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts