WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a very basic all black field watch and I am not wanting to spend much money on anymore watches. I really like the Hamilton field titanium but thats way too $$$. If the SNZG17 was matte it wouldn't be too bad. Basically the cheapest thing that I have found that looks almost right is the:
Wenger Classic Field Watch in black. However, the big glow numbers almost look green in the daylight and I'm looking for simple black and white.

Here are some expensive examples of what I am looking for. For a watch with such a simple design, I can't believe I can't find a cheap beater in this style in a case around 40mm

Traser Officer Pro

Whatever it is, it's too expensive for a beater and has too big of case...

So does anyone know of any $100 or less watches that look like this in a 40mm or so case? Liike I said, the most affordable that I have found is this Wenger, but the numbers look greenish and I don't like that for what I want it for. I don't care what the band is. I will be swapping it out for some OD green all black and leather bands.

·
Registered
321 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dsbe90

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Here is something that will save you alotta cash at just $25 :

But don't forget that a watch below $100 will not be PVD but just ion-plated instead or simply black paint.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Here is something that will save you alotta cash at just $25 :

But don't forget that a watch below $100 will not be PVD but just ion-plated instead or simply black paint.
Thats EXACTLY what I am looking for. PVD, ion, painted, whatever....with what I do, it's going to get scratched no matter what. Hence, looking ofr a cheapy. I've been on infantry's site before looking for this same style watch and never found it before. After looking again, I noticed that it's because the main pic for the watch is in silver. I'm about to save a ton of money. ...and when it gets scratched, I can throw it away and buy another one! The IN-044 fits more into the style that I am looking for. Thanks for the info!!!!!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
You may try the Citizen BM8475-26E. It has the black IP look you want and can be found for around $105-125 on-line. It doesn't have the white-on-black look but I have this watch and the orange is very snappy. It's a 42 mm case. I swapped out the rather stiff low-quality leather strap with a Nato Gamma Strap (black, grey and orange stripes, ~$13) from NatoStrapCo.com. Plus, with a Citizen eco-drive, this will last a while so your ROI is better than a battery operated at this price point (I bough my first Eco-Drive in 1997 and it is still running +2-3 sec/mo 17 years later).

Citizen.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts