WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I have so far been unsuccessful. Something like this would be nice:

But my brother already has that so I'm not going to get it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the Nixon pictured in my OP was about $100, and that is what I am aiming for. But if I have to drop a little bit more, like $150, it's no big deal.

So in short, $100-150ish.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts

Casio G-Shock GW7900B-1 at around $150.00...One Bad Mamma Jamma!!!

Pops

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should have mentioned this in the OP, but I rather not get a G Shock. Too common. And I also prefer rubber straps.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Have you considered the Block? I love Nixons, and if it werent for Citizens and Seikos I would certainly be buying one.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,340 Posts
And I have so far been unsuccessful. Something like this would be nice:

But my brother already has that so I'm not going to get it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Take a look at models from Junghans Mega and Seiko Power Design. The Junghans models are quite a bit more modern while the Seiko models are more like updates reissues of classic digital watches. Both are very well done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Phosphor DH04 Watch - The Coolest Modern Watches from Watchismo.com

Think I'm going with this one. Any thoughts on the brand or anything? Anyone have this watch?
I have a DH02 (silver face, black strap w/ orange trim). Not a bad watch as inexpensive digitals go. The only thing I would mention is that the "black" e-ink is really more of a dark gray as opposed to what you see in the pictures. The pictures on Amazon.com for the DH02 are much more realistic. Overall, it's not bad.

·
Registered
21,047 Posts
Get this one:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is a nice watch flori. But if I go metal strap, or whatever the technical term is, I would go analog.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The best thing, IMO, would be to go about $50 past your budget and get an IPOD nano. Then get a watch conversion kit for it, like this one:
TikTok+LunaTik

It's a little over your budget, but you get an IPOD too, and it'll turn heads. Just in my mind the coolest digital option available.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts