WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back in 1985 when I was enlisted in the US Navy, I found a Pulsar watch one day. The thing that struck me most about the watch was that it had an alarm and countdown timer, but was 100% analog. When you switched from one mode to the other, the hands would spin quickly to the time set in the mode that you were going to.

The watch was stolen and I have no idea what the model number might have been. :-(

I would really love to get my hands on another copy of this watch. Can anyone here give me a nudge in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I've owned a pulsar quartz in the past, it was a good watch. I've not heard of one with a countdown function, though. I did a quick search on ebay for pulsar alarm and found a bunch. The countdown feature would be a bit harder to find, at least in an auction description.
Best of luck with your search!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I've tracked down the model number: Pulsar PGG Series (V600) Men's Analog Alarm Chronograph with Countdown Timer

If anyone thinks of a place to find one, I'd be very appreciative!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yeah if you don't need us for the model number you can find it on ebay. "pulsar v600" returns two results.

If I may this is a quartz watch so I don't think it's fair for you to have been upset no one knew about it. While it may have held sentimental value for you it's not entirely that interesting of a watch. Anyway I hope you find what you're looking for!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah if you don't need us for the model number you can find it on ebay. "pulsar v600" returns two results.

If I may this is a quartz watch so I don't think it's fair for you to have been upset no one knew about it. While it may have held sentimental value for you it's not entirely that interesting of a watch. Anyway I hope you find what you're looking for!
I don't know very much about watches. I wasn't upset that no one knew, I was just surprised. Hope I didn't offend anyone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize this is a very old post as it's a little more than a year old; hopefully you're still a member of this forum. I just recently aquired one of these V600 Pulsar watches and wanted to let you know about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I realize this is a very old post as it's a little more than a year old; hopefully you're still a member of this forum. I just recently aquired one of these V600 Pulsar watches and wanted to let you know about it.
Thanks so much! I actually found one a while back and forgot to update this thread. Happy Thanksgiving (if you're in the US)!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts