WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently stumbled upon a Bucheler bracelet watch, and I'm hoping to perhaps identify a decade it was made in. Attached are some photos, and here are some details that I've been able to locate:

- Bucherer, 17 Jewels mechanical movement
- Movement has the following imprinted words:
-- Bucherer
-- seventeen
-- Swiss made
-- 3 ADJ.
-- 17 Jewels
- Back of the case has: Plaque OR G 20 Microns

When I got it movement was fully wound, but didn't work. It would go for 3-5 seconds and then stop. After gentle washing with alcohol and immediate drying, it started to work for longer, and looks like it may be slightly revived (never attempted anything like that before, that was a bit scary).

I was hoping somebody could shed some light on when this watch may have been made. I don't expect it has much value, but if it continues to work it may just work as a cool gift for my wife.

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice watch. The movement is a high grade version of the ETA 746 series:
Thank you so much! With that info I'm able to find more details on it, such as: (and looks like I can't have URL in my reply because of the low number of posts)

I presume this movement would date the watch to somewhere near 40's or 50's.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,987 Posts
Considering that it has Incabloc shock proofing, I would place it firmly into the 1950s. The 1940s is still possible but unless Bucherer were a little avant-garde in that respect, most manufacturers still stuck to non shock proofing in the 1940s.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Considering that it has Incabloc shock proofing, I would place it firmly into the 1950s. The 1940s is still possible but unless Bucherer were a little avant-garde in that respect, most manufacturers still stuck to non shock proofing in the 1940s.

Hartmut Richter
I certainly learned a lot, thank you so much, as I never knew about it. Indeed, unlike all the other photos I've found of the ETA 746, this one has the shock proofing. This will certainly be a neat gift.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts