WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a GO fanboy, and giving some serious thought to acquiring one of these two watches:

Watch Analog watch Photograph White Light
Watch Analog watch Light Clock Watch accessory

SeaQ Panorama Date 70's Chronograph Ltd. Edition

Very different watches, I agree, but I like both. Unfortunately, the budget will allow me to buy one of them.

~ The SeaQ is a classic looking piece. Love all things about it, but even with my 7.75" wrist, I am concerned about the size. It's a 43mm, and the case height is 15.7mm - a very thick watch. If you have one or have tried one on, I would appreciate your weighing on on size.
~ The 70's Chrono has a funky vibe, and is limited to 100 pieces worldwide. It's very unique and not something that will blend in. It's also available in blue, but when you're sporting a square dial watch, you might as well go all the way. The 40mm size is excellent, but I'm not sure if the retro style has staying power.

Yes, I know that I need to "buy what you like", but I'm torn on this and want to make sure I'm not missing something as I make my decision. If you have owned or tried on either of these styles or are looking at them for the first time in this post, I would really appreciate your thoughts.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The original SeaQ Panorama Date in blue is already a classic if you ask me. As @TalkingClock points out, there's also a smaller version of the same watch with the date at 3. It's no less a classic in my book. I think one or both of those two would suit just about anybody depending on their wrist size and shape. The 70s chrono in yellow is cool and funky. I'd probably want to see it in the metal and on the wrist before buying, though.

·
Registered
8,516 Posts
With your wrist size I doubt you'll have a problem with the SeaQ size-wise. Styling-wise you'll have to follow your heart.

Reactions: Joshua G

·
Registered
101 Posts
I love my SeaQ Panorama (on rubber), but yes it is a big watch, and for my 7.5" wrist, the lug-to-lug is just at the limit of what I can wear. It's a little heavier than most of my other watches, so it's weight is noticeable. Yet it's such a pretty watch, I have a hard time taking it off.
I'm also a GO fan boy, and would think that if you got the Yellow Seventies Chrono now (which I'm drooling over too), should be much easier to get a SeaQ down the road. Cause why not have both?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The GO 70s chrono is an amazing watch with great complications, but it is THICK. I suggest seeing one in person if you can.
Wish I could see it, but probably not possible. It's a hair over 14mm, so definitely not thin, but not overly thick for a chrono either. Thanks for the feedback :)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love my SeaQ Panorama (on rubber), but yes it is a big watch, and for my 7.5" wrist, the lug-to-lug is just at the limit of what I can wear. It's a little heavier than most of my other watches, so it's weight is noticeable. Yet it's such a pretty watch, I have a hard time taking it off.
I'm also a GO fan boy, and would think that if you got the Yellow Seventies Chrono now (which I'm drooling over too), should be much easier to get a SeaQ down the road. Cause why not have both?
Agree - that yellow is striking and I may not have a chance at one again. The SeaQ s/b much more available down the road. Thx for the feedback :)

·
Registered
Omega Constellation, Stowa Partitio, , Steinhart, Limes Endurance Neptun Vintage: Tissot, Bulova.
346 Posts
I am a GO fanboy, and giving some serious thought to acquiring one of these two watches:

View attachment 16132486 View attachment 16132488

SeaQ Panorama Date 70's Chronograph Ltd. Edition

Very different watches, I agree, but I like both. Unfortunately, the budget will allow me to buy one of them.

~ The SeaQ is a classic looking piece. Love all things about it, but even with my 7.75" wrist, I am concerned about the size. It's a 43mm, and the case height is 15.7mm - a very thick watch. If you have one or have tried one on, I would appreciate your weighing on on size.
~ The 70's Chrono has a funky vibe, and is limited to 100 pieces worldwide. It's very unique and not something that will blend in. It's also available in blue, but when you're sporting a square dial watch, you might as well go all the way. The 40mm size is excellent, but I'm not sure if the retro style has staying power.

Yes, I know that I need to "buy what you like", but I'm torn on this and want to make sure I'm not missing something as I make my decision. If you have owned or tried on either of these styles or are looking at them for the first time in this post, I would really appreciate your thoughts.
The 70s Chrono rocks! The diver is ho hum in comparison and looks so much like other blue divers, it won't stand out.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The original SeaQ Panorama Date in blue is already a classic if you ask me. As @TalkingClock points out, there's also a smaller version of the same watch with the date at 3. It's no less a classic in my book. I think one or both of those two would suit just about anybody depending on their wrist size and shape. The 70s chrono in yellow is cool and funky. I'd probably want to see it in the metal and on the wrist before buying, though.
Yes, I own the Reed Green SeaQ 39mm, and it's a terrific watch. Definitely not as chunky, and a great daily driver. I just wish I could see it in person, but it's too far away and the decision has to be made in the next 1-2 days. Might have to make a leap of faith...

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The 70s Chrono rocks! The diver is ho hum in comparison and looks so much like other blue divers, it won't stand out.
Yes, my thoughts exactly. The diver is very low risk, but some would say boring. The chrono? Nothing boring about it :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Get the 70’s Chrono… you already have an incredible SeaQ.

Btw I have 2 GO’s (senator sixties blue, senator hand date) and regret selling the one I moved on (Sport Evo GMT)… very addictive brand.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Get the 70's Chrono… you already have an incredible SeaQ.

Btw I have 2 GO's (senator sixties blue, senator hand date) and regret selling the one I moved on (Sport Evo GMT)… very addictive brand.
Thanks for the advice - I may take you up on it. And I will be calculating my AD discount (not) on one of my several 20+ year old HP12C's :)

·
Registered
832 Posts
Come on man. This is an easy one. You have/had the SeaQ, albeit 39mm, time to get a taste of some "strange." : ) That yellow is stunning, love the aesthetics, and if you can get one, its actually a legit LE, unlike my recently acquired Schumacher Omega Speedmaster 3518.50 that they marketed as LE (to 6000 pcs, haha but I am a sucker for racing dials). Plus anything thicker than 15mm is just clunky IMHO.

Reactions: dglessner

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I'd go for the 70's for 2 reasons - the yellow dial is nice and different AND I sound like a broken record on this but it just jumps out at me - the bezel font on the SeaQ is totally mismatched with the numeral font on the dial.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts