WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made up my mind to buy a TT1 Diver, but don't know if spending the extra money on the 1000M rated version is worth it. They seem to share everything except the back, He valve and minute dots on the rotating bezel.
Does having an He valve mean one more seal?

I don't plan to take this deeper than 25 feet, but is there a benefit to spending the extra $100 or so to the 1000M? Is the crystal the same on both?

I've searched for posts regarding warranty, but what I can't find right now is once the watch is beyond the factory 2 years, does it matter at all whether it is gray market or from an AD? It seems your paying out of pocket for repair anyway.

Thanks - Brian

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Side by side the 1000 is just better, for the sake of $100 get it. If you don't you will kick yourself. After all you won't notice the fact you spent that bit more in a few months but if you didn't spend it you will not be happy:-d.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Hi Ben:

I have owned both the 1000m and the 300m. The 1000m was good but I found it a bit bulky on my wrist (19cm) and and I didn't really care for the He valve crown. It is now being worn daily by my son.

I bought the 300m model which sits on my wrist far better and it has a nicer dial IMHO and caseback which is sapphire crystal as well. Both are all titanium and present no problem with skin irritation. Excellent value for money which ever you buy.

This is the 300m on my wrist:

This the the 300m caseback:

Cheers

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have had my 300m for just over a month and I love it. However, $100 is not that much money, and I would be tempted to purchase the 1000m if they were both available.

I sold the 200m to fund the 300m.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm also considering my first Oris Divers Titan Date.

Both the 300 and 1000m watches have 44mm cases right? Does the 1000m model have a thicker case though?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i agree with Stevie, the 1000 is too bulky for my wrist and you don't get the see through back which is cool. i've had my 300 for 2.5 years and couldn't be happier!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts