Premium Member
3,333 Posts
I'm hoping for:
A North Flag with proper lugs.
A 38 - 39mm Ranger.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Pelagos- The current design with a white dial, white insert or solid titanium bezel, thin black outlined indicies and hands. With a collection of blue, black, and white Pelagoses, I wouldn't need to buy another watch ever...

·
Registered
181 Posts
I don't think that we are going to see a new BB58 (like red bezel version) for a while. I think next new Tudor release is a new North Flag or Ranger. 40 mm Pelagos would be a killer and hopefully that is coming in the coming years.

I think the next BB 58 is with green bezel or even GMT, but I guess GMT model would need a new movement so it will take a while. Maybe in 2022 we see again something new in BB 58 line.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
(Im)Patiently hoping for a BB36 with in-house movement...
That’ll be far off in the future if it ever happens .. I think it’s an issue of the MT movement being too big for the 36mm case. So Tudor would really have to be confident about its investment in a 36mm watch and have plans to make more. The BB36 isn’t really a popular model; even though I’ve owned it for over 2 years and love it, it’s a polarizing watch due to the size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
That’ll be far off in the future if it ever happens .. I think it’s an issue of the MT movement being too big for the 36mm case. So Tudor would really have to be confident about its investment in a 36mm watch and have plans to make more. The BB36 isn’t really a popular model; even though I’ve owned it for over 2 years and love it, it’s a polarizing watch due to the size.

Fitment should not be an issue. The MT5402 is 26mm in diameter. The 2824 is 25.6, and not only fits in 36mm watches, but fits in the even smaller BB32. Thickness also should not be an issue, the Bb36 case is the same thickness as the 58 once you take away crystal dome.

With COMCO telling ETA they can't sell movements outside of Swatch, Tudor is going to have to make a change from the 2824 sooner than later. Whether that means in house or a change to Sellita or STP (or other), I guess we'll see.

The BB36 also isn't the only 36mm watch in Tudor's catalog. The recent 1926 comes in 36, as do other entries in their classic line.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Fitment should not be an issue. The MT5402 is 26mm in diameter. The 2824 is 25.6, and not only fits in 36mm watches, but fits in the even smaller BB32. Thickness also should not be an issue, the Bb36 case is the same thickness as the 58 once you take away crystal dome.

With COMCO telling ETA they can't sell movements outside of Swatch, Tudor is going to have to make a change from the 2824 sooner than later. Whether that means in house or a change to Sellita or STP (or other), I guess we'll see.

The BB36 also isn't the only 36mm watch in Tudor's catalog. The recent 1926 comes in 36, as do other entries in their classic line.
Right, and how many 1926 or classics do you see? None of those watches are common or strong sellers for Tudor, including the BB36.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Right, and how many 1926 or classics do you see? None of those watches are common or strong sellers for Tudor, including the BB36.

Why would they bother releasing it, and in an "unpopular" size to boot, if they didn't think it would sell?

Regardless, Tudor will need to make some kind of change WRT ETA movements in the very near future. ETA was barred from selling to large companies for 2020 and may be totally barred from selling outside of Swatch for 2021 (which was the original COMCO order for 2020 but Swatch fought it in court so they could sell to small and medium companies). Unless Tudor has been hoarding ETA movements, or COMCO does a 180 on ETA, I think ETA Tudors are done in the next 2 years. Either they go in-house, the switch to Sellita/Soprod/STP, or they discontinue models completely.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts

Do you have sales figures? I ask only because I've never seen a BB, any BB, ever in the wild. This WUS bubble is no guide to what sells in the real world.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts