WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Tudor 2020: what's next

10K views 43 replies 30 participants last post by  SKYWATCH007 
#1 ·
After the release of the 58 blue, which was welcome but not surprising, do you think we'll see any other releases from Tudor this year?

I'm likely picking up an OG58 (turned down the blue 58...just wasn't in love with it), but can't help wonder if something else is going to be coming. Maybe the Ranger/North Flag update?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
After the release of the 58 blue, which was welcome but not surprising, do you think we'll see any other releases from Tudor this year?

I'm likely picking up an OG58 (turned down the blue 58...just wasn't in love with it), but can't help wonder if something else is going to be coming. Maybe the Ranger/North Flag update?
Unlikely. I suspect that Tudor is working on an update of the Ranger now that the Ranger has disappeared from the current Tudor website but the North Flag remains. They would most probably retire the name for a year or two before re-launching the updated range.

Now, banging on the success of the Black Bay 58, it is more likely that we will see more of the Black Bay for some time. Take for example, we have the Black Bay family where there are 13 variations of the original Black Bay, i.e. Burgundy (4) and 3 each of the blue, black and PVD. Going with how they have expanded the chrono and bronze ranges along those lines, my prediction for Tudor's upcoming releases will be:

2021 - a new Tudor GMT with the Batman bezel. We definitely need to nickname it the Bat-boy as the Batman and Batgirl belongs to a Rolex GMT Master II.

2022 - a new Tudor Black Bay 58 with the red bezel. They are going in reverse order of the original Black Bay release of 2012. We might see a new Tudor Ranger family from here onwards.

2023 - perhaps a new colour combination - like reverse colours - of the Chrono, i.e. the S&G will be gold dial with black eyes and maybe Panda dials for the steel model.

#19 ·
A bit late on this one. I agree. There's so much marketing surrounding the Black Bay line that we won't see it disappearing for some time and they'll be more variations of it to come. I do, however, think it's becoming a bit watered down kinda like Omega with their Speedmasters. There's lots of variations but a GMT Batman would be welcome. I do like your nickname Batboy and I can definitely see it as the new name. I heard it from you first. The Black Bay 58 is supposed to be a nod to vintage 1958s Tudor Submariner and I just think these coloured options takes a lot away from what it is supposed to be. I saw the blue in the window last nite but it was for exhibition only. I didn't like it one bit actually. The red would be horrible imo.

#11 ·
When I spoke to the AD yesterday about the new Tudor blue, they said they would contact me when they hear about the next thing to come along. I replied that the forums reckoned the BB58 blue was the only offering from Tudor this year. They said they thought something else quite special was coming along. They implied a new model rather than a new colour old model. So, we will see.

I have no hope whatsoever for a revisit to the Sub of yesteryear as it would kill the BlackBay line - but I can see something like a replacement to the Ranger or North Flag both of which are being discounted n possibly discontinued. I am hoping for a return of the Big Block or Prince Oysterdate

Reactions: fire_lantern
#12 ·
Smart money would be on something with an integrated bracelet because, well, everyone is going there lately. Maybe a counterpoint to the BR-05? If they had something like that in the $3-3.5k range, I could be interested because the BR-05 is sure as hell overpriced at nearly $5k.

#20 ·
A member of another forum I’m on who has connections with a Tudor dealer told him earlier this year that Tudor has several watches in the works to be released but those releases have been postponed.

Like others have said, it’s already July, I don’t think you’ll see anything new releases in the next 5 months.

2021 will likely be an exciting year if they had several watches in the pipeline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29 ·
I don't think that we are going to see a new BB58 (like red bezel version) for a while. I think next new Tudor release is a new North Flag or Ranger. 40 mm Pelagos would be a killer and hopefully that is coming in the coming years.

I think the next BB 58 is with green bezel or even GMT, but I guess GMT model would need a new movement so it will take a while. Maybe in 2022 we see again something new in BB 58 line.

#38 ·
My hopes for 2021: 40mm Pelagos with an 11-12mm thick case (dark green perhaps?), and no gold hardware. Or a Blackbay with those same specs (no gold) with a crownguard - or not - and no rivets on the 20mm bracelet that tapers to 16mm at the buckle. A 40mm race chrono (panda/reverse-panda) with 3 dials, 2 would be okay, index-dial.

#42 ·
I kind of assumed this year they would release either a green or burgundy BB58. Those seem to be colors in their lineup, and it would make sense because of the blue last year.

One thing that would be interesting, though I'm not holding my breath, would be to discontinue the standard BB58 and replace it with a black one without the gilt dial and gold hands - just standard white writing and silver-tone hands, etc. That would sure stir things up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.