WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,845 Posts
Different AD's will get them at different times, depending on their volume, orders and other factors. My AD just said late July for the 58. Same thing is happening with the GMT's.

· Registered
3,845 Posts
Yeah... something is going on.
Tudor is really pushing the GMT, yet hardly any promotion or advertising is coming out for the 58. Actually none since baselworld.

Just saw a new video(from an AD?)posted with the 'new 2018 Tudor lineup' and the 58 wasn't even shown, only briefly mentioned.
The woman doing the video said the GMT is the watch everyone is talking about, yet if you look at YouTube video counts- the BB58 videos have more views than the GMT.
My guess is that she didn't even have the 58 yet to show.

I don't know if Tudor is intentionally holding back the bb58 to keep from overshadowing/interfering with the GMT sales, or if there's a production issue(it is a brand new case AND movement after all), or maybe they're just trying to create buzz/create scarcity ala Rolex's playbook.

But Something does seem amiss. I'm guessing it's a production holdup.
You don't have to guess. Numerous AD's have confirmed no production issues with Tudor and that some will receive them this month.

Reactions: frtorres87

· Registered
3,845 Posts
There are a few rumors floating around that the BB58 has been delayed until September.

I called my AD, that I have a pre-order with, and they said that while they've heard similar rumors in social media, Tudor confirmed to them that the release is still on track for later this month, July.

Also Tudor's own Instagram has started to promote the 58 in the past few days: https://www.instagram.com/tudorwatch/?hl=en. Initial reviews have also started to surface, like Tudor Black Bay Fifty-Eight

I guess we're know soon enough.
That article is reviewing the non working mock-up that AD's have passed around since April. Time is always 10:08. Still a nice write up though.

· Registered
3,845 Posts
How in the world is Jomashop even getting stock on the BB58's, before the US AD's? I don't get it...
Frustrating when people are on lists with AD's with deposits made and Jomashop is shipping them out.

· Registered
3,845 Posts
I was at our AD today to pick up a watch for my wife. I asked about the new 58 as I've been wanting to get one when they are available. Just so happens they got their first watch in today, that was preordered by another customer (way back in May). I could only view it through the plastic coffin, which I respect. I went on and got on the list. They suspect they will get another shipment sometime in September. A few things worth noting. I've been torn between the steel bracelet and the nato strap. I inquired about ordering a nato separately. They said that the straps will be at least a year away, that they don't offer them up front when the new watch comes out. He said that was due to having all inventory of straps going for new production. Also the steel bracelet is nearly $800 on its own, even though its only $325 more with the watch. The nato he said was around $160 or so. I got on the list for both options but will likely go for the steel and add an aftermarket nato for now. The lug width is 20mm FWIW. I had them confirm in the store.
There are a lot of NATO straps out there that will look great on this watch.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f23/bb-58-first-impressions-4764349-5.html#post46747573

· Registered
3,845 Posts
Many AD's have very long waiting lists for the watch. I'm not surprised the bracelet will also be a long wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Many AD's have very long waiting lists for the watch. I'm not surprised the bracelet will also be a long wait.

Reactions: Kiespijn
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.