• GRAY

Votes: 8 61.5%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I am trying to choose my 40yo watch. Due to funding, I narrow down to unpopular Tudor 70330N.
Now comes to a decision that is hard for me to make and pretty silly too.

Do you like it in Gray or Black more?

So similar and yet so different....

·
Premium Member
5,093 Posts
I prefer the gray one. Such a cool looking watch! 45-minute counter FTW!

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Both cool but I'd take the black, by a small margin. Great that these are still in the catalogue but I'd take a much closer look if they changed the to the Breitling-sourced 70hr they fit to the Black Bay Chrono.

·
Registered
Datejust 116234
490 Posts
Hmm... When buying an expensive watch taking opinions is rather risky, imo. Chances are that most people will recommend one of the colours and it will affect you to purchase it instead of the one you actually want. My point is, if your not in a rush take your time to decide, even if it takes only a week or 6 months or more.

However, if it was up to me, I'd go with the grey dial. This watch is already "different" from today's "standard" style of chronograph so you might as well go with the unusual colour grey. It helps it differentiate even more from today's typical chronograph. sorry for poor English he hehe

·
Registered
375 Posts
Personally the black dial looks better.

But my recommendation would be to find a pre-loved BB Chrono with the manufacture/Breitling movement if funds are an issue.

This one is accurate, built well, rock solid and gently appreciating in the market. Looks good on strap but even better on bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I agree with alpharulez the BB Chrono would be my first choice, but between the 2 the grey just shades it.
Good luck whatever you decide.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone ever seen a sample of this watch that the pusher isn't painted black at tip?
the paint came off or new version doesn't have black paint anymore?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Black always carry a bit of formality for me, so the look and design of watch has to coordinate with that. A glossy black dial Submariner works because of its white gold luster and understated design. For the vintage-esque Tudor Chronograph, I think grey is the better choice because it adds a much more casual element to the watch.

·
Premium Member
36,381 Posts
The best color for that watch is the one YOU like the most, IMHO.

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
I don't believe that watch is that unpopular. It is sized quite large and that does limit the number pf customers who will purchase the Tudor. I do prefer the black dial for what it's worth.

Please correct me if I am wrong, wasn't there a blue dial variant? If so, that would be my choice.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't believe that watch is that unpopular. It is sized quite large and that does limit the number pf customers who will purchase the Tudor. I do prefer the black dial for what it's worth.

Please correct me if I am wrong, wasn't there a blue dial variant? If so, that would be my choice.
There is a blue variant. It is perhaps the most advertised out of three.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It is here. I wanna set an good example that you ask people for an opinion, you later show them what you have decided.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I have the Blue (monte carlo), I always wanted to add the gray but wont till tudor updates the movement (hopefully), so Blue > Gray > Black for me

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
To be sure, it won't drive nearly as much traffic as other Black Bay watches from the Black Bay Company, but it has its fans.

It was also the watch that revitalised the Tudor Watch Company in 2010, before they changed their name :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts