WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20190521_161727.jpg

Acquired this piece recently used on bracelet, and was luckily able to get the oem end-links from Rolex after a couple weeks wait. pleasantly surprised as this model has been out of production for a while that they still stock parts. Any other 79280 or big block fans out there?

·
Premium Member
29,693 Posts
Congrats! The strap goes very well with the watch head. This is one of my favourite Tudor Chronos. Does your have the Rolex casing and crown?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had a 79160 Big Block. Beautiful watch. Was a little too thick for my liking and I didn't like the wobble from the Valjoux 7750 movement, which is why it's no longer in the stable. Maybe a 79260 non-Tiger would have suited me better.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Gorgeous, after opening this thread, I went on an hour research journey on the 79280 & 79260; here I am back commenting lol .

·
Premium Member
29,693 Posts
thanks. this one is Tudor signed...a Rolex signed big block would be about 3x what I paid for this piece here :)
Honestly, I wouldn't mind the Tudor signed ones. Just as good in my opinion. The silver dial with the black registers pair very well with the black straps. I think you got a winner here. |>

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gorgeous, after opening this thread, I went on an hour research journey on the 79280 & 79260; here I am back commenting lol .
Tudor has a pretty nice summary of the history of these watches on their website as well. Lots of variations to choose from on these models, very reasonable price and as far as I know no reps have been made so it's pretty 'safe' buying 2nd hand.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Acquired this piece recently used on bracelet, and was luckily able to get the oem end-links from Rolex after a couple weeks wait. pleasantly surprised as this model has been out of production for a while that they still stock parts. Any other 79280 or big block fans out there?
Congrats. As a 12-hour bezel fan, I recently bought a 79270P Tiger on a strap. Great that you were able to get the strap end-links from Rolex, as I completely struck out trying to get the OEM bracelet + end-links via a local AD (not surprising as it's easier to keep end-links in inventory compared to an entire bracelet).

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts