WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts

Everyone is going to have their own ideas about the finishing, of course, but I would love to see an iteration of the S&G on the 58 format case, but with full rose gold instead of the halfway house between rose and yellow gold as found on the current S&G.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
The 58 does look really good. I really want to try one on because I have a feeling it might be too small for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27,204 Posts
Where did you get your hands on one? I’m eagerly awaiting my local AD getting it to see in person. The colors are growing on me but would love this in the new shade of blue used on the smooth bezel BBs

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I was never a big fan of the added gilt or forced patina, that was one of the reasons I sold my BBred in-house and bought a BBblue eta but it is what it is and I'm looking forward to trying on a 58 for size as it might be a good change up for me. It does sound like a couple more months until that happens.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
853 Posts
The 58 is really nice. It's the first modern Tudor that I want to buy. All the other BBs are too thick and look more like a fashion watch. I'm seriously thinking about selling one of my Seamasters for the 58.

Reactions: Tudor1013

·
Registered
12,451 Posts
They both look good, but I do need to take size into consideration, so the 58 wins out for me.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I love the gilt dial and bezel. I love the 58. My first Tudor was the BB GMT recently. It's a big watch but wears great and has great proportions. But the 58 would be incredible, especially on a leather strap. I dig it!

Reactions: frtorres87

·
Premium Member
5,540 Posts
I am a big fan of the 58's size, the original is too thick for my tastes. I like the gilt dial and hands but am not a fan of the gilt bezel so I am going to pass. I already have a 39 year old 94010 that is very similar so I am okay not getting this one. I hope they release a blue dial/blue bezel/no date/no gilt 58 - I will jump on that instantly.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Somehow I am growing to like more bling nowadays... 58 wins
Still waiting for mine to arrive though... maybe even after the BLRO :(

·
Registered
733 Posts
The 58 looks fantastic. +1 on this being the first modern Tudor I would buy. I’m not 100% sure in whether that bezel would annoy me after a while, so I’d live if they’d release this size in other colors.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'm not a fan of faux patina or gilt. Only a couple watches/brands do it well (the new Railmaster/Longines). However if you are gonna go down the gilt route go all in. Gilt dial and hands without the bezel looks like they have got any bezel that was lying about. For me the GMT is a better looking watch, the 58 has better proportions, I opted for and am very happy with the former. If you are not fond of the gilt we all know there will be many more iterations in the new slimmed down size and prob within the next year.

It's interesting how thinks have turned 180° . A few years ago I was in the market for the Omega AT (coaxial 8500). Despite feeling the 38.5 sat better on me I went for the 41.5. calling the smaller on mid-size made me feel the larger one was the true iteration and therefore would be easier to flip. Fast forward and it seems many are preferring this smaller size (without having actually handled it). Perhaps in a few years we will be back to oversized again, who knows.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts
The 58 for me as well. I have the original red bezel eta movement black bay, and I've always felt that it was THE black bay, and the other color BBs they put out were just variants. But...the 58 looks like a much better size for me so I'm torn

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
I like the gilt, it gives it character and further sets it apart from 5 digit Rolex Subs. The bezel is matte in color and the watch is small, so I don't see it as the least bit blingy. I'm surprised at all of the comments I read about "faux patina lume". The lume is simply creamy colored, like lume on a lot of watches. They can tint the lume whatever color they want.... pure white, or cool tinted lume wouldn't look good with the gold so they warmed it up.

Reactions: frtorres87

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
I originally didn't like the gold-numbered bezel either (perhaps because I've only ever seen it on solid gold or two-tone Subs, neither of which I care for). But seeing those two side by side, the white-numbered bezel on the BBN looks downright jarring. So, the 58 by a long shot (and also for size reasons).

I'm surprised at all of the comments I read about "faux patina lume". The lume is simply creamy colored, like lume on a lot of watches. They can tint the lume whatever color they want.... pure white, or cool tinted lume wouldn't look good with the gold so they warmed it up.
Vintage lumed watches with gold had white lume when they were new. It turned brown over time due to radiation. Tinted lume is only tinted to look aged. I personally have no problem with that, but it is "faux patina".

Reactions: rodian and warsh
1 - 20 of 44 Posts