WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello.
I am very interested in the Tudor BB36. I went to my local AD to try it but it was unavailable, so I am considering purchase it online.
But I never had a 36mm watch before and I am afraid it will look ridiculous on my 7.25" (18.5cm) wrist.

What do you think? Does anyone have the same wrist size as mine?
Plus, I read somewhere online that the bracelet is kinda small, will it even fit my wrist?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
I think you may be okay with the stock bracelet, but it’s easy to purchase extra links to get it to fit you if required. I have a 17cm wrist and removed one link to fit it correctly (utilising the micro adjust to fine tune). I have seen people with similar sized wrists to yours in threads regarding the BB36 on the forum, so it‘s worth searching and seeing for yourself: just remember that there’s no standard 18.5cm wrist. Whether yours is round or flat will make a big difference. Beyond that personal preference will have a big part to play. Can you try on a 36mm watch belonging to anyone you know? Even then, different 36mm watches can wear larger or smaller so it won‘t decisively settle your mind. I personally found that first looking at the BB36 it appeared small. Wear it for a week though, and get used to the more classic size and you realise that it is a very comfortable watch with a great level of presence. It’s got a precise and easy to read dial, and strong lume that lasts all night. It‘a easily serviced and has a lot of qualities I think a true tool watch should have, but is also good looking and low key enough to have great versatility.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you may be okay with the stock bracelet, but it’s easy to purchase extra links to get it to fit you if required. I have a 17cm wrist and removed one link to fit it correctly (utilising the micro adjust to fine tune). I have seen people with similar sized wrists to yours in threads regarding the BB36 on the forum, so it‘s worth searching and seeing for yourself: just remember that there’s no standard 18.5cm wrist. Whether yours is round or flat will make a big difference. Beyond that personal preference will have a big part to play. Can you try on a 36mm watch belonging to anyone you know? Even then, different 36mm watches can wear larger or smaller so it won‘t decisively settle your mind. I personally found that first looking at the BB36 it appeared small. Wear it for a week though, and get used to the more classic size and you realise that it is a very comfortable watch with a great level of presence. It’s got a precise and easy to read dial, and strong lume that lasts all night. It‘a easily serviced and has a lot of qualities I think a true tool watch should have, but is also good looking and low key enough to have great versatility.
Thank you a lot for your helpful response.
I did try a Datejust 36 when I was at the AD earlier, and I liked how it felt on my wrist, but the salesman says I should get the bigger size :/ I hated him lol
but is the Datejust have the exact same case as the BB? that I'm not sure about.

The watch looks really nice on your wrist. If I may ask after you removed one link, where did you put the micro-adjustment? I am trying to imagine it for my wrist.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Welcome to WUS! I have a 7 1/8" wrist and did enjoy my BB36 Blue quite a bit, but do keep in mind it is a very 'traditional' size. I only needed to bring it in 1 notch on the microadjust, you might need an extra link.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to WUS! I have a 7 1/8" wrist and did enjoy my BB36 Blue quite a bit, but do keep in mind it is a very 'traditional' size. I only needed to bring it in 1 notch on the microadjust, you might need an extra link.
I like to wear my watch snug on my wrist. do you think this will help? 😅😅

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
I like to wear my watch snug on my wrist. do you think this will help? 😅😅
Based on @argonaute2's picture and what he said you might be ok, I can't really say, but extra links are ~$50 each IIRC?

Reactions: Buick

·
Registered
Tudor Black Bay 36, Oris Aquis 41.5mm, Laco Augsburg Taupe 39
169 Posts
It actually looks perfect on your wrist!
This is very relieving :)
question thou, did you had to max out the micro-adjustment?
I have it on the middle microadjust hole. If my wrist swells at all in the summer I still have a bit of room before needing an extra link

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Tried on the new 36 Silver today at the AD. Its real small on my 6.75 wrist, too small IMHO.

I have a 36mm OP, 37mm Seiko SARB, and 38mm Speedmaster that I think are perfect sizing. In fact, the largest watch in my collection is 40.5 so I'm not 1 of those oversized watch guys.

My advice, do not buy sight unseen unless you can easily return.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Good luck with your decision and would love to see some pics if you decided to pick it up. I'm awaiting delivery on a black 36 myself. It will be my smallest watch and I have 6.75" wrists, but I think the black dial has more visual wrist presence, so it doesn't appear too small IMO. Haven't tried the silver dial though.

·
Registered
146 Posts
earlier, and I liked how it felt on my wrist, but the salesman says I should get the bigger size :/ I hated him lol
but is the Datejust have the exact same case as the BB? that I'm not sure about.
To me, the Datejust 36 looks and wears bigger than the Black Bay 36. I think it is because the dial (crystal) of the Black Bay 36 is smaller.

For your wrist size (7.25"), I think the Black Bay 36 will be too small.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Thank you a lot for your helpful response.
I did try a Datejust 36 when I was at the AD earlier, and I liked how it felt on my wrist, but the salesman says I should get the bigger size :/ I hated him lol

The watch looks really nice on your wrist. If I may ask after you removed one link, where did you put the micro-adjustment? I am trying to imagine it for my wrist.
Thank you. I had the micro adjust in the middle slot of three, and in the winter could feasibly go one smaller. I think the DateJust would wear a little differently based purely on observation. Smaller indices open up the face more, and I think the DJ bezel is a little slimmer than the BB?

·
Vendor
Omega/Tudor/Breitling/Grand Seiko/Tag Heuer/Montblanc/Hamilton/Seiko
1,228 Posts
I think you could reasonably wear the 36 or 41 based on your personal preference. I just posted the below video and linked wrist shots of the 32/36/41 on my 6.75" on our IG page in the description. Hope it helps.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts