WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Tudor Black Bay 58 (39mm). Have a few questions for owners.

1. Aside from Rubber B, which other companies that make fitted BB58 rubber straps do you like/prefer?

2. I have Rubber B and Everest straps for 40mm Rolex GMT2 and Submariner Ceramic. Can we share the straps?

3. Love the Rubber B military green strap. However, I notice in the "real life customer photo," it looks totally diff than the real thing, anyone have this strap and can share?

Thank you WUSeekers in advance!

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 12.43.45 PM.png

Reactions: Cappyab

·
Registered
457 Posts
vanguard straps make some, I currently own the black version for the BB58 and I love it. The price on the vanguard straps is going to be a lot cheaper but I don't own an Everest or Rubber B to compare them to.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, i will check out vanguard!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I was going to do the Vanguard with my leather clasp on it. Till one chap posted there that with the same set up, and his wrist is the same size as mine that the clasp hangs way off to the side and not centered since he is on the smallest hole apparently. Suppose I'll be sticking to an Erica's MN for the summer months. Was really excited for a rubber strap..

·
Registered
478 Posts
Got a Tudor Black Bay 58 (39mm). Have a few questions for owners.

2. I have Rubber B and Everest straps for 40mm Rolex GMT2 and Submariner Ceramic. Can we share the straps?
The straps will fit, but not snuggly. The BB58 has lugs that are a little bit longer.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I was going to do the Vanguard with my leather clasp on it. Till one chap posted there that with the same set up, and his wrist is the same size as mine that the clasp hangs way off to the side and not centered since he is on the smallest hole apparently. Suppose I'll be sticking to an Erica's MN for the summer months. Was really excited for a rubber strap..
whats your wrist size? I am contemplating the purchase as well

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Thanks. Yeah they are cool. Though this is a new one and their “endlinks” kind of suck. They are thick and chopped-off looking and the bb58’s long lugs dont do it any favors.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Taken my Vanguard with Tudor clasp off the watch now - started to be quite uncomfortable with the metal on the side and not underneath (using the last hole for smallest wrist).

I wrote to the guy behind the Vanguard strap and there are plans to either bring in a shorter strap to prevent this issue, or develop a new strap that would work with the bracelet clasp. I am hoping for the former, as already have the clasp from the leather strap so could just buy the shorter one needed to get it to fit just right. Also, rubber straps with OEM metal clasps from bracelets look a bit naff (to me anyway).

Back on the bracelet now....does look good :)

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
Taken my Vanguard with Tudor clasp off the watch now - started to be quite uncomfortable with the metal on the side and not underneath (using the last hole for smallest wrist).

I wrote to the guy behind the Vanguard strap and there are plans to either bring in a shorter strap to prevent this issue, or develop a new strap that would work with the bracelet clasp. I am hoping for the former, as already have the clasp from the leather strap so could just buy the shorter one needed to get it to fit just right. Also, rubber straps with OEM metal clasps from bracelets look a bit naff (to me anyway).

Back on the bracelet now....does look good :)
I think vanguards buckle is quite nice, I don't own the Tudor clasp but the vanguard buckle is thicker and has a shield so it matches.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts