WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,

Starting to fall in love with the BB58 and have been shopping for the past few weeks. I may have found a perfect LNIB sample but it comes on leather and I would much rather have the SS Bracelet. The price is good enough that I would be crazy to pass it up regardless.

Does anyone know the cost, or if you can even source one from an AD? I'd call my AD but we only have one on the East Coast and it takes a day just to get a price on the watch. I can't imagine what would happen if I asked them to give me a price on a part :-d

Cheers!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I just ordered a bracket from an AD for my BB58 and it was $495 or something like that. About 5 can't remember exactly. I was expecting it to be more.. they didn't even make me put a down payment on it which surprised me. Should be in in about a week.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
521 Posts
Gentlemen,

Starting to fall in love with the BB58 and have been shopping for the past few weeks. I may have found a perfect LNIB sample but it comes on leather and I would much rather have the SS Bracelet. The price is good enough that I would be crazy to pass it up regardless.

Does anyone know the cost, or if you can even source one from an AD? I'd call my AD but we only have one on the East Coast and it takes a day just to get a price on the watch. I can't imagine what would happen if I asked them to give me a price on a part :-d

Cheers!
I was quoted CAD 700-ish (taxes in) from my friendly neighbourhood AD, but whether that's the list price or not I can't say. I ordered mine with the bracelet and added an Erika MN to match. For whatever reason it was not as stupidly expensive as the NF bracelet I also inquired about.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was quoted CAD 700-ish (taxes in) from my friendly neighbourhood AD, but whether that's the list price or not I can't say. I ordered mine with the bracelet and added an Erika MN to match. For whatever reason it was not as stupidly expensive as the NF bracelet I also inquired about.
That makes sense then that mine is 500 USD. I was thinking it would be more and was concerned they ordered the wrong thing!! I guess the bigger Black Bay bracelets are more because they are wider??

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks for the replies!

It appears I may have purchased the BB58 with the leather deployment. I was told by the seller that his AD in Toronto Canada, indicated that the costs would be lower for bracelets when the orders start rolling in from the 2019 Baselworld show.

Thanks again guys... appreciate you taking the time to reply.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Don't expect them to come soon. I picked up a 58 in July on steel. Ordered a cloth OEM at same time and they have no idea when they will get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
215 Posts
Congrats !! You will love it. Love mine.
Don't expect them to come soon. I picked up a 58 in July on steel. Ordered a cloth OEM at same time and they have no idea when they will get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah I was surprised when she said 2-3 weeks... Man July to now.. that's a long time! I got mine on the fabric strap and love the look of it.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats !! You will love it. Love mine. Yeah I was surprised when she said 2-3 weeks... Man July to now.. that's a long time! I got mine on the fabric strap and love the look of it.

Thanks!

Yes... looking forward to picking it up on Sunday. Luckily due to my travel schedule, I was able to arrange a face to face deal. First time ever :-!

I'm also quite happy about the leather deployment as well. While I prefer the SS bracelet, and will endeavour to procure one asap, the leather strap looks very comfortable.

My only concern will be the size. I don't have large wrists but I can usually pull off a 42mm without much effort. I really hope I don't find the 58 to be a little too small.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Hi guys, any idea how long the OEM nato strap is? I have a feeling they might be too small for my 7.25 inch wrist. I'm unable to try one for the supplies being unavailable.
Congrats to the OP!, the 58 will be a classic.
20190124_141056_1548385544658.jpg

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi guys, any idea how long the OEM nato strap is? I have a feeling they might be too small for my 7.25 inch wrist. I'm unable to try one for the supplies being unavailable.
View attachment 13830829
Not exact because I didn't take the strap off and didn't want to have to readjust the length again either, but mine's just under 9" like this. See the second photo for how much I have it adjusted, it can be extended more. I have a 6.5" wrist. If you take off that springbar that is holding it down it's easier to adjust.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Awesome!, thanks for that great info.

View attachment 13830829
Not exact because I didn't take the strap off and didn't want to have to readjust the length again either, but mine's just under 9" like this. See the second photo for how much I have it adjusted, it can be extended more. I have a 6.5" wrist. If you take off that springbar that is holding it down it's easier to adjust.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thank you for the measurements. I also have a 6.5" wrist and was wondering which hole you use after the adjustments? Also, will there be a lot of slack due to the smaller sized wrists? Thanks!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thank you for the measurements. I also have a 6.5" wrist and was wondering which hole you use after the adjustments? Also, will there be a lot of slack due to the smaller sized wrists? Thanks!
Don’t think there will be, I have larger wrists but when it came out of the box I didn’t think the strap was going to be big enough for me until I figured out how it was adjusted. It can go pretty short without looking like there is any gaping spare fabric on the loop through which length is adjusted. It’s elegantly done.

·
Registered
215 Posts
RacingGreenII is right, it comes adjusted very small.. which I found strange because I have a relatively small wrist at 6.5". I've got it in the third from the bottom hole and kept adjusting it until it was just fitting through both buckles. It's a little strange adjusting it but once you get the hang of it you can basically get it perfect. I really like the way it fits.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks!

Yes... looking forward to picking it up on Sunday. Luckily due to my travel schedule, I was able to arrange a face to face deal. First time ever :-!

I'm also quite happy about the leather deployment as well. While I prefer the SS bracelet, and will endeavour to procure one asap, the leather strap looks very comfortable.

My only concern will be the size. I don't have large wrists but I can usually pull off a 42mm without much effort. I really hope I don't find the 58 to be a little too small.
It's down to personal taste but I doubt you'll find it too small. It's perfect on my 6.5" wrist, see photo above, but I could see it looking great on a wrist much bigger. I've definitely seen photos of it on guys rocking it with bigger wrists.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Don’t think there will be, I have larger wrists but when it came out of the box I didn’t think the strap was going to be big enough for me until I figured out how it was adjusted. It can go pretty short without looking like there is any gaping spare fabric on the loop through which length is adjusted. It’s elegantly done.
Very insightful. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
RacingGreenII is right, it comes adjusted very small.. which I found strange because I have a relatively small wrist at 6.5". I've got it in the third from the bottom hole and kept adjusting it until it was just fitting through both buckles. It's a little strange adjusting it but once you get the hang of it you can basically get it perfect. I really like the way it fits.

Looks great and thanks for the response! Time to visit my AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
How much was the Tudor nato strap? I've been trying to source one myself.
You might think I'm crazy but along with the bracelet I ordered a backup strap because I love it so much and figure it will wear out eventually. It was 90 or 95 usd.. can't remember exactly. I ordered the Erika's Original strap and ended up selling it because I didn't care for it.. But I know a lot of people do like them. Personally I much prefer the Tudor strap.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts