WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Tudor Black Bay GMT Everywhere

11K views 68 replies 44 participants last post by  One-Seventy 
This is weird and I just wanted to get some ideas as to what could be behind this.
Recently, it seems like the market is flooded with Tudor Black Bay GMT's. Prices are hovering as low as $3200.
What could be causing this? Too much production? Are people falling out of love with the watch? Date issues (which I thought by now had been addressed)
What gives?
I have one. I paid MSRP for it when the GM price was $200-600 more than MSRP. I think the primary reason for your observation is the issues they've had with the date wheel where after a few months, it would skip a day. To compound the issue, there were multiple reports of watches returned from warranty repair that developed the same issue. I've never had that issue. I think production has caught up with demand, so there's another reason. When I got mine in June of 2020, I had to wait 2 weeks, which was pretty quick back then. I personally like mine very much. I don't find it clunky at all. Super legible. True GMT with the quick set hour hand. Excellent lume. Very comfortable on the wrist.

I'm not sure where you're seeing prices at $3200. Jomashop has them for $3950 on bracelet, which is only $100 less than MSRP. Perhaps the $3200 is for a used one? Prices on Chrono24 are still running pretty close to MSRP, even for pre-owned ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.