WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
So there are problems with the date wheel? The buyer gets five years warranty.
Absolutely true, but tell that to someone buying. "Hey, your watch will almost certainly be defective at some point in the not so distant future... can't say when, and we can't exactly pin down what is causing it (or we refuse to publicly say it) so we'll have to drop a new movement in the case." Not exactly confidence inspiring, and I think that is now clearly reflecting in the market price.

Tudor is not suppose to scratch the Rolex itch. Rolex looks different.
Perhaps a difference of opinion, but it seems plainly obvious that Tudor is drawing on the vintage Rolex vibe. Can't get a GMT Master II from your AD? - step right this way to the BB GMT.

People who can afford Tudor don't get stimulus checks. At least, I did not.
Not true at all. Plenty of people with Tudor-level money (whether single, HOH or MFJ) still got stimulus checks in rounds 1, 2 and 3. I'm not saying they all spent it on watches, but they still got the check and it was effectively additional disposable income given the fact that the other large source of discretionary spending (i.e. vacation) was not feasible or possible in 2020 or early 2021.

Source: I'm a tax professional. Saw it left, right and center.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Absolutely true, but tell that to someone buying. "Hey, your watch will almost certainly be defective at some point in the not so distant future... can't say when, and we can't exactly pin down what is causing it (or we refuse to publicly say it) so we'll have to drop a new movement in the case." Not exactly confidence inspiring, and I think that is now clearly reflecting in the market price.

Perhaps a difference of opinion, but it seems plainly obvious that Tudor is drawing on the vintage Rolex vibe. Can't get a GMT Master II from your AD? - step right this way to the BB GMT.

Not true at all. Plenty of people with Tudor-level money (whether single, HOH or MFJ) still got stimulus checks in rounds 1, 2 and 3. I'm not saying they all spent it on watches, but they still got the check and it was effectively additional disposable income given the fact that the other large source of discretionary spending (i.e. vacation) was not feasible or possible in 2020 or early 2021.

I just have to ask. Anyone pay down their debt?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I just have to ask. Anyone pay down their debt?
I'm sure the more financially savvy (read: prudent) individuals did. I know of a couple of law school colleagues who used the checks, combined with the 0% interest forbearance on student loans to effectively pay those down.

But I digress. They are not the ones into this hobby haha.

Reactions: MstrDabbles

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think it still has date wheel issues. I'm convinced it's just baked into the movement and a fatal flaw in the design. I don't think it can be fixed.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts

But if someone buys the watch on the gray market, the Tudor warranty might or might not transfer. Tudor provides a 5 year transferable warranty, but that warranty may not transfer or is voided if the watch is never registered or if the second-hand dealer opens the case. I bought my Tudor BB58 from an AD with full warranty but bought my Tudor 1926 from a gray market dealer at a substantial discount with the gray market warranty; the discount pays for any needed service on the 2824-2.

So many people with decent incomes got stimulus checks. Poor me got Jack Squat.

·
Registered
510 Posts
People should be overjoyed. When they were released - waitlist and people paying over MSRP.

Sigh watch people are soooo fickle. Only want what they can't get their paws on. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I bought mine to scratch the itch left from parting with my Pepsi GMT II, I bought it in May 2018 when released & have never even thought about getting another GMT II, I love this so much.

I just think there are quite a lot of them around now & like most watches, they lose a bit of money.
I say just enjoy the quality that is there in this watch. :cool:
Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Watch accessory

·
Registered
165 Posts
I bought mine to scratch the itch left from parting with my Pepsi GMT II, I bought it in May 2018 when released & have never even thought about getting another GMT II, I love this so much.

I just think there are quite a lot of them around now & like most watches, they lose a bit of money.
I say just enjoy the quality that is there in this watch. :cool: View attachment 16177146
At the end of the day. It’s still an incredible watch! 👍

·
Registered
842 Posts

I say just enjoy the quality that is there in this watch. :cool: View attachment 16177146
I have come to one conclusion recently. I like the color of this bezel more than the Rolex GMT whether aluminum or ceramic. The darker colors make it look less clownish.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Yup. The most talked-about nonexistent watch there is - prompting thousands upon thousands more pages of discussion than on many very interesting real watches, which people would know existed, if only they unplugged their head from their arse.

All else being equal the 5402 movement would have to grow in thickness by about 1mm to accommodate the calendar wheel and GMT modification, and the case fractionally deepened to take that and the additional hand stack height. Can you imagine the pained screams, the screeching, wailing and deathly insults, if Tudor released a 39mm watch that was oVeR 13mM tHiCk mY gOd!!!!1111oneone
Easy fix. Make it 100m WR. Boom done. The BB58 is 12 mm thick. The submariner is 12.7. The GMT Rolex was thinner despite the hand stack and movement. Why? Thinner glass and caseback

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
It never stopped them from releasing the bb58 did it?
Talking about GMT here in case you didn’t realize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
412 Posts
Normal market behavior for a mass produced watch was for the price to be discounted and loose some value by the time it sold as pre owned. Today it seems people don't want the watch if it isn't being offered at a price greater than MSRP on the secondary market. This behavior by the consumer will drive prices up for all watches, which is good for us who sell watches after we have owned them for awhile.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
People should be overjoyed. When they were released - waitlist and people paying over MSRP.

Sigh watch people are soooo fickle. Only want what they can't get their paws on. :rolleyes:
This is largely true, and an indicator of herd mentality.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
For those comments talking about we should be happy. Yeah, the lower price is great. But the market is being flooded with them. I was just wondering if there was a reason why other than normal price decline.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts