WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
I do not, but I continue to see reports of this issue on new watches. People say it was fixed starting at certain serial numbers and then others chime in that they still have the problem. Look at how Omega addressed the 3861 issue. They clearly identified what the cause was, and a solution. That’s how to handle it. The silence is deafening from Tudor on the issue. I wouldn’t buy a watch with this movement unless they acknowledge the issue and explain the solution.
That's not the way Tudor (or Rolex) works.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm an aerospace engineer and we would NEVER permit a design issue to continue. Even a small one.
Ironically i am in same field and i have seen some cases of design issue either masked, or basically considered a nuance once resurfaced. Part of it was attributed to how documents are written, and more fast paced the company is, and the less power high level engineers had over pms, more likely to let stuff brush under a rug and slide as a minor risk items in TRRs and CDRs (sorry for work acronyms).
Whoever you work for is a good place to work for. That is how things should be done and some teams I have worked with were that meticulous. However, i still stay valid to my point that every design does have a weakness, or a way to deliberately fault a system (i am In the testing side). Most of these faults are unlikely to accidentally happen in real life, with some exceptions. Otherwise, engineering mishaps should never occur.

Post care customer service then becomes a key. I say so far, at least my tudor is working ok and tudor showing some efforts to take ownership in some sense (at least the ad i work w.). Otherwise, off to fleabay it goes

·
Registered
37,670 Posts
I was shocked when we saw the grey market picking up on the initial demand for the GMT and the 58, and starting to ask silly premiums for them, Tudor have never been a waiting list watch.

Add to this the date wheel issue which has been brushed under the carpet by Tudor, when a recall should have been done to rectify all the faulty watches.

So you now have a large number of overpriced watches with a dubious reliability record flooding onto the market, so what happens is the prices dump.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts