WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just arrived yesterday, my new Tudor Heritage Black Bay Red. The watch was shipped from an AD, Wixon Jewelers, more on that experience in the end. I have been looking at the Black Bay for quite some time. I decided to wait for the in-house movement to be released. I like idea of the 70hr power reserve and I also like the look of the new dial better. Although obviously that's just my personal taste. I had tried on both versions and found the slight difference in case size to be negligible. I purchased the watch on the brown leather strap. I was going to do this no matter which version I acquired. I have seen several complaints about the new riveted bracelet. However, the rivets are very discreet and I liked both the new and old bracelets equally, I just preferred the leather strap.
Just one caution on the strap. I find it to be very highly quality and the deployment clasp is extremely well done. There are six holes on the strap itself. My wrist is a little over 7" and I am using the 2nd to last hole. Its a perfect fit. If your wrist is larger than mine, that could present a problem

DSC00765.jpg

As you can see, from my quick photos, the dial has a textured look which I love, although, that will depend on the lighting. You can make it out quite well in the first shot, but not so much in the wrist shots.

DSC00697.jpg
DSC00661.jpg
DSC00667.jpg

I waited a long time on this watch. I had waited for the in-house movement to come out so I could compare the two. It was well worth the wait the watch is spectacular. It will hold a strong place in my rotation.

And now a quick word on the AD. I live in Massachusetts. I spent a weekend in Boston, shopping with the wife. I also wanted to trade in a Breitling Transocean Chronograph that I was never wearing. It was a great watch, just never got any wrist time. I wanted to pick up a Breitling Superocean Heritage 46mm in black on the mesh bracelet as well as the Tudor. There is a AD who does both in Boston. I had no luck at all at that location. However, there is another Breilting AD. I had amazing luck at that location and he met my price.( But that's another story) But alas, they do not sell Tudor. I tried one more Tudor dealer but walked away unsatisfied with the results. Although, to be fair I have dealt with one of the AD's in Boston with better results, but with a different sales person.

At this point, while the wife was trying on clothes I went on google to shop around. I had already done all my research on the watch, I just wanted to talk with a few AD's. I saw some good reviews on Wixon Jewelers in Minneapolis, MN. and made them my first, and is it turned out, my only phone call. I spoke with Jason Krepka, the assistance watch manager. He was polite, helpful, knowledgeable, and unlike some of the dealers in Boston, he did not make sound like he was doing me a favor by selling me the watch. Five minutes into our conversation I purchased the watch.

Jason informed me that they did not have the red bezel model in stock. He had recently spoke with the distributor and be believed that it was going to be sometime in December before the watch arrived. I told him that was fine and I had no problem waiting. He called me back the next day and asked what nylon strap I wanted, the black or burgundy, I chose the latter. He called me a total of 4 more times over the next couple of weeks with updates, every time he spoke with the distributor. He never even gave me a chance to call and pester him for updates, lol. His last call was to let me know the watch was in earlier than expected and when it would be shipped to my house. The whole process from start to finish was a pleasure. I cannot recommend Jason highly enough.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Re: Black Bay Red has arrived!!!

Congratulations on the purchase. I compared as well and went with the original "smiley face" but they are both nice watches and we all have our own personal tastes. I went a few weeks with the black nato type strap the watch comes with but have since gone back to the bracelet which is as high a quality I I have seen on any watch- including Omegas. I hope to grab a strap or two but would like to find a burgundy leather type as that would be "different" from any other type I own. Enjoy!!!

20160922_151709.jpg

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Re: Black Bay has arrived!!!

I love this model ... I only wish it was 40mm in diameter with 20mm lugs! Enjoy your beautiful watch :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
red bb looks great also. I got the blue one with in-house movement. Do you know the winder setting for this movement? clockwise or anti-clockwise or both? I can't heard the sound the mainspring winding even I rolled left or right my bb.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
I own the older version BB in Burgandy with the ETA, and love it. I also have the Pelagos Blue with the in-house. At first the in-house was soo cool to have. Now, because both watches run so well it really does not matter to me. Happy with both. But if I were buying new right now; I'd stick with the ETA on the Black Bay, probably at a discount right now?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I just bought my first Tudor BB Burgundy with the ETA movement. Based on what I read about Tudor's current policy to totally replace the in house movement if the watch is returned with a mechanical problem rather than just repair what is wrong, I felt it safer, moneywise, to go with the easily repaired ETA. Plus, I really like the rose and the smiley face.

Love my purchase and congrats on yours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts