WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· WatchUSeek Administrator
49,956 Posts
I guess it's possible that the AD service never opened the caseback so they didn't see the movement. I find this unlikely as any time I've ever had a watched serviced by an AD they invariably inspect the watch and try to sell me a service on the movement.
I'm pretty sure the caseback had to be opened for a crown and possibly a crown-tube replacement. I'm also doubtful that a Tudor crown would fit into a replica movement without some modification. That would have been a sure tip-off to the Watchmaker that something was amiss.

· WatchUSeek Administrator
49,956 Posts
The investigator in me keeps coming out and this is starting to smell as if I'm standing in the middle of a cow pasture in the summer.

How does the part bolded above fit in with what the OP said in his first post where he said:

"Last summer, the guy I sold the watch to contacted me to let me know that I had sold him a fake watch. I was shocked, obviously, and pressed him for more details. He had taken the watch in for a service, and the service department notified him that it was an inauthentic item with an Asian movement."

What is it that Judge Judy always says "If you are telling the truth then you don't need a good memory"?

I'm not sure what the scam is, but there is one.
In the immortal words of Standartenführer Hans Landa, 'I think we have a BINGO!'

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.