WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

· Registered
900 Posts
Interesting read, any outcome of this?

One thing though, Rolex and Tudor NEVER repair anything if anything is not original.

I had a custom bezel fitted on my datejust once, and forgot to swap it back before servicing at a Rolex service centre, and the employee just shouted out that I have a fake Rolex, and made me seem like a total idiot on the service centre.

Same goes for Tudor, I had it swapped on a jubilee bracelet and they said its not a Tudor original part so they wouldn’t service the watch. Lucky I had my tools with me, I took the bracelet off and said “there ya go, head only”.

So I don’t think its possible.

Are there any serials on the movement? I’m pretty sure there should be one I think (maybe?) - Omega does. So can you tell if the movement serial recorded on the AD is the same like the one you got back after you opened up the case?

It seems odd to me that the watch would go through a dealer, Rolex and Tudor is an arse for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Registered
6,939 Posts
Another big reason to go with in house movement. Yes, I do know there are some fake in house movement like 3135 but still no where exactly like real one with many tell sign unlike ETA modify movement.

· Registered
900 Posts
Another big reason to go with in house movement. Yes, I do know there are some fake in house movement like 3135 but still no where exactly like real one with many tell sign unlike ETA modify movement.
The finishing would be different. The best replicas out there, when you check with a loupe, the finishing is terrible, there are uneven surfaces, uneven guilloche patterns, etc etc. When watchmakers work with movements, i.e. Installing a stem, they would use a loupe, and would definitely notice it.

Unless... the replica movement IS THAT GOOD, which I find quite impossible even at today's standard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

61 - 65 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.