WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Tag Heuer CAR2a10-5.BA0799calibre 1887 Carrera automatic chronograph and love it, but I keep finding myself looking at the Tudor Heritage blackbay.
I’ve been offered a very good part ex on one.....

Thoughts? Will I regret it? Which is the better watch? Which will retain its value better?

Thanks for your thoughts and any help guys 🙂

·
Registered
12,430 Posts
Tudor Black Bay.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both?

Really imo comes down for me the fit on your wrist and how you feel about a display back.
To be honest I feel the tag might be slightly too big for me now, love a clear case back though.

I’m getting married in a month so sadly can’t have both, I feel the Tudor would be a nice watch to wear at my wedding

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
To be honest I feel the tag might be slightly too big for me now, love a clear case back though.

I’m getting married in a month so sadly can’t have both, I feel the Tudor would be a nice watch to wear at my wedding
Well if you feel the watch is too big you are ok with flipping (a worse sin than cheating on your wife 10000000000000000000x times), it's just about finding the right watch for you.

So why is the Tudor RIGHT?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Well if you feel the watch is too big you are ok with flipping (a worse sin than cheating on your wife 10000000000000000000x times), it's just about finding the right watch for you.

So why is the Tudor RIGHT?
Haha agreed! I think I just fancy a change really, I’ve had it for a few years but find myself wearing my oris tt1 more these days

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
ANY TUDOR.
Black Bay or Pelago

Jus sayin. Daughter owns 2 Tag F1's.
Have em seviced for her. She dumped
the F1's for a Garmin Feniz 5 for her
Tri activities.

X Traindriver Art

·
Banned
106 Posts
Tudor is a better "investment" for your money if you ever decide to sell you will recover alot of your original purchase price...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
528 Posts
If you think a watch is too big, it probably is. In any event, since you indicated that you "feel the Tudor would be a nice watch to wear at my wedding", it would seem that is the watch you should wear on that special day. Congratulations and good luck!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Tudor is better loved on this forum than Tag. That Carrera is a nice watch tho. I had one for a while and really liked it—i did think it was a bit big on my wrist tho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Realistically neither will hold it's value any better than the other. A moot point in any case as should you decide to do the flip you'll have to be ready to lighten your wallet first.

Asking Tag vs Tudor here in WUS will gain you an automatic chorus of Tudor votes but really they are different watch types, chrono vs diver, apples to oranges. Heuer Carreras are historically known for their chronos while Tudor has gained recent following for their 3 handers breaking away from being regarded as lesser Rolexes. Both have top class inhouse movements, the Tag's is top class even though (or maybe because) it is based on a tried and trusted Seiko column wheel chrono movement, regarded superior to more commonly found cam activated chrono movements while the Tudor's AFAIK was developed fully inhouse which gives it extra bragging points but far simpler as a basic 3 hander.

If you feel you need a change, by all means do so with a balanced perpective. BTW I'd look at the Breitling SOH 42mm too.

Reactions: Rakumi

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Realistically neither will hold it's value any better than the other. A moot point in any case as should you decide to do the flip you'll have to be ready to lighten your wallet first.

Asking Tag vs Tudor here in WUS will gain you an automatic chorus of Tudor votes but really they are different watch types, chrono vs diver, apples to oranges. Heuer Carreras are historically known for their chronos while Tudor has gained recent following for their 3 handers breaking away from being regarded as lesser Rolexes. Both have top class inhouse movements, the Tag's is top class even though (or maybe because) it is based on a tried and trusted Seiko column wheel chrono movement, regarded superior to more commonly found cam activated chrono movements while the Tudor's AFAIK was developed fully inhouse which gives it extra bragging points but far simpler as a basic 3 hander.

If you feel you need a change, by all means do so with a balanced perpective. BTW I'd look at the Breitling SOH 42mm too.
Thanks very much for the reply, it’s very much appreciated 🙂

I’ve been offered the black bay (2018 watch mint with all papers/box) for £250 plus my Tag Carrera (2016 watch with papers/box)

So I just quite fancy a change and thought the Tudor might be a slight sidestep rather than a upgrade.

I do love the BSO 42 (my dad literally bought one last month in blue with the mesh strap) but I feel it’s a tad to dressy for my day to day usage.

Pick of my dads....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts