WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have opportunity to buy a Tudor Chronautic with box, but for me it looks strange ,it has date magnifier. To be honest, I didn't find any other picture with this magnifier, just an earlier model. What do you think? Is it fake? The pics are bad, but the watch is the same. Thanks any help. Daniel

Attachments

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Two scenarios
1) FRANKEN, piece made up. This can be found on RWI (Replica Watch Forum)
2) The previous owner replaced the crystal with a cyclops version.

In my opinion, act with EXTREME caution
a

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
That one with the cyclops looks wrong to me.

I purchased mine unworn complete with warranty from a jeweller in Spain via Chrono24 less than a year ago.

Tudor_Chronatic_3.jpg

Tudor_Chronatic_25.jpg

I'm very happy with mine; great quality, a good size that wears very comfortably.

Chrono24 might be a good place to start looking: https://www.chrono24.co.uk/search/index.htm?watchTypes=&query=chronautic&dosearch=true - I would advise researching the seller, jewellers will usually have their own web site so you can investigate their pedigree doing a bit of internet searching. Buy with box and papers helps with authenticity (but does not gaurantee it) and helps if you decide to sell in the future. Also you can negotiate on price, and make sure you agree a total price including fees and shipping.

Good luck with your hunt, if you do persue a Chronautic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts