Votes: 24 52.2%
  • Harrods

Votes: 22 47.8%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sold a seamaster to add funds to a new purchase, so time to decide.
Will it be the Harrods Black Bay r the GMT.
I know I'll have to join the queue for either.

I liked the GMT since I first saw it, but that green Harrods BB looks great also, now I find myself torn between the 2.
And no buying both is not an option.

So GMT, love the Bezel.
Looks great but I don't travel much.
Added complication when servicing.
Go for bracelet or leather?

Harrods
Simpler design.
Is it more exclusive as you can only get it via Harrods?

Which will have a stronger resale value in the future??

·
Registered
66 Posts
Harrods will have the better resale value IMHO. Only one shop to get it. Limited supply. Certainly the better investment.

The GMT is not limited as such. And eventually supply will equal demand and will find an equilibrium, if it hasn’t already as used prices seem to normalize. I think even the harrods will soften a bit.

I have the GMT and love it. But really like the Harrods. But not for the used price markup.

·
Premium Member
13,154 Posts
Which will have a stronger resale value in the future??
Seriously, this is one of the worst questions one could ask in consideration of buying a watch.

They are currently going for about the same price and to be honest they wear very similar on the wrist. I guess the only real question is which one you like better.

brother of OoO

·
Registered
375 Posts
GMT is more common but a better value. Is GMT is much less now?

Both are similar and too thick for my taste, have you considered a bb58?

If you do get a GMT, consider the fabric strap, of course. Harrods comes with both, I think, so a point for it there.

All that really matters is what appeals to you more, of course :)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Both look epic, tilting toward the Harrods at the moment. But that will change in half an hour.
You and I must share the same brain.

Reactions: WatchThinker

·
Registered
66 Posts
GMT is more common but a better value. Harrods is an eta 2824 movt, GMT uses a new in-house GMT. And GMT is much less now?

Both are similar and too thick for my taste, have you considered a bb58?

If you do get a GMT, consider the fabric strap, of course. Harrods comes with both, I think, so a point for it there.

All that really matters is what appeals to you more, of course :)
Nope, the Harrods has a MT5602 movement. Both watches have in house movements. You can check that on watchbase.com

Cheerio.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Harrods simply because its not part of the Pepsi fad. Plus green is unique. Tried on a kermit a couple months ago and was draw to it even though 1) the old bracelet is woeful by comparison 2) I don't usually like green.

There is also the instagram theory: which one do you see more of? Go the other way.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The Harrod's is nice but WAY overblown and overpriced for what it is.

(on edit, assuming you're buying the Harrod's from a Grey, that is. If you can get it at the source, it may be a better deal. But really, you're not talking Rolex bucks here - buy whichever sings to you more).

20190521_151428.jpg

·
Registered
411 Posts
Easy decision. The BB58

Kidding (am I?). I like the green more so than the Pepsi. It’s all personal preference, but I am just not drawn to Pepsi bezels in the least

·
Registered
128 Posts
I love the Harrods green, so much more subdued than the Hulk IMO. I have a pretty varied collection of watches, and the Harrods is probably the cheapest accounting for inflation, but one which ends up on my wrist quite frequently. I had a relative put their name on the waitlist for me and was just informed that her name came up today, and I will be getting a 2nd one to keep as a backup (hey, we're WIS, nothing says what we do has to be logical/practical/economical).

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: derids
1 - 20 of 35 Posts