WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened upon a reference to a "Tudor Black Bay One" watch and was very impressed with its look. So I started searching for a price. Well, it turns out there was only one made in 2015.

A 2015 charity auction to benefit Muscular Dystrophy conducted by Only Watch solicited unique timepieces from a variety of manufactures including Patek, IWC, etc.

Tudor participated by building the Black Bay One Only Watch, a unique variant of the popular BB series, but it is very similar to the Reference 79220N Tudor Heritage Black Bay Black. Minor differences in bezel markings, hands, dial text, etc. The 7220N's list price is $3,100.

At auction, it was expected to sell for between $3,500 and $4,500. But it went for 120 times that...

Tudor-Black-Bay-One[1].jpg

The Tudor Black Bay One Only Watch (an estimated $4,000 timepiece) sold for approximately $375,000

160605-bbone.jpg

So I guess I won't be acquiring the One anytime soon.

Full story here.

Reactions: Covenant and lvt

·
Registered
20,568 Posts
I guess that the owner can have the watch serviced for free during his ownership of the watch.

I'm a professional [desk] diver.

·
Registered
Omega Seamaster Professional 300M
1,156 Posts
Puts a new meaning to searching for "the One" :p

Interesting how they chose non-snowflake hands, a pendulum-style seconds hand and "shock resisting" printing on the dial.

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Puts a new meaning to searching for "the One" :p

Interesting how they chose non-snowflake hands, a pendulum-style seconds hand and "shock resisting" printing on the dial.
Yea, very interesting. Do you think it could have been modelled after this?

The watch was never meant to be "$3000". They knew it would go for a high price, as it was specifically designed and sent to fetch a large sum for charity.

·
Registered
Omega Seamaster Professional 300M
1,156 Posts
Looks pretty spot-on to me, good find! I haven't done any digging through Tudor's history so I'm unfamiliar with non-current models. Frankly I'm too excited about what they're doing now.

Reactions: Vlance

·
Registered
3,149 Posts

The watch was never meant to be "$3000". They knew it would go for a high price, as it was specifically designed and sent to fetch a large sum for charity.
stunning looking diver, why they didn't make the reissue is beyond me. I'm a sucker for red on back

·
Registered
623 Posts
Terribly old news (auction was last Fall). After people saw this one, they wanted a full production of this watch and not that far after Tudor put out the BBN. Not exactly the same by any stretch, but I'd probably take a BBN and pocket the other $372k...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts