WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a couple of Tudors, I am now contemplating this one here....

But I have never seen one worn. Can anyone help me out and post some wristshots? Doesn’t have to be the exact same one...

Also any opinions if diamonds on the dial are a bit too much to pull off? This would be my first watch with gold and I might be going a bit overboard throwing in diamonds too....

Cheers and thanks!

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
I'm sorry, but it's going to be a big no from me. It's everything I dislike in a watch, diamonds, two-tone etc. :-(
You did ask. ;-)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think two tone can be fine even though its not necessarily my thing. I love Tudor but dont live the design of this one and the diamonds are a bit much. I think something like baguette diamonds could work as hour markers though.. a bit more subtle.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
Yikes! Damn, that's a brown bagger and a half. Maybe check out a Tudor Style? I tried some on and they're a bit boring (I really don't like the hands), but not bad looking, especially the blue, although I felt like the bracelets tapered far too much. Anyway, if you are dead set on a Tudor, go that route or one of the other Glamours that doesn't look like someone set it on fire and put it out with an axe.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys for your comments. I knew this one would be quite polarizing.

In only have very masculine watches and thought maybe it’s time to have something more delicate and dressy. Maybe I am going overboard and should just stick with my Rolex OP39 and the older Montblanc I have for dressy occasions.

·
Premium Member
30,816 Posts

In only have very masculine watches and thought maybe it’s time to have something more delicate and dressy. Maybe I am going overboard and should just stick with my Rolex OP39 and the older Montblanc I have for dressy occasions.
There you go!

·
Premium Member
29,691 Posts

Glad that you have finally come to your senses.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You made the right decision..

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
I went to the watch dealer today and had a look at some other items he currently has in stock like the Tudor Blackshield, a Hulk, a nice JLC and a lovely Blancpain - anyhow, I checked out this Glamour and see how it looks in person (on leather strap)....

Observations:
- that thing is huge, 42mm but wears even bigger
- the whole two tone and diamonds are hardly visible from a distance

Anyhow - I now moved past it, though am intrigued by it's rarity and quirkiness still....but this watch is not really my style....thanks again for all the comments.

IMG_5329.jpg

IMG_5328.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts