WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to buy this Tudor Grantour Date but im unsure if its fake or not
please could someone give me some advice as iv just started collecting tudors and im still wet behind the ears
i dont want to lose large amounts of money....thanks in advance

Analog watch Watch Black Watch accessory Fashion accessory Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap Watch Fashion accessory Analog watch Strap Bracelet Fashion accessory Watch Analog watch Bracelet Leather Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap Leather Fashion accessory Metal Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Wrist Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Movement photos look good.
its 1.00 am here, will look at dial tomorrow

a

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if anyone else can help with this please feel free, i got the seller hassling me for a reply on if im going to buy it or not,
i did tell him that you cant rush these things but hes still texting me looking for a sale

so once again any help would be great

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
it was the bezel i was unsure about its has a dot under the numbers and iv not seen this on the other white faced grantours only on the black faced ones, if it is a replica then they done a really good job on the movement thats for sure,

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
This appears to be yours here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=TUD...CxwIV7grbCh2MfQL7&dpr=1#imgrc=AaYj-kVPqJPOgM:

Bezel is different as you say, probably an aftermarket change.

But to me, TUDOR on yours is also much bigger, SWISS MADE is farther layed out on genuine,
INDEED all the display writing on yours seems heavier or bolder compare ROTOR and SELF-WINDING

I dont like all those points

Now back case of yours - lousy photos, but it appears to have some writing in the centre, here is a genuine watch case back
https://www.watchuseek.com/f29/sold-tudor-grantour-20500n-white-dial-bracelet-940969.html

ALSO look at logo in link above it is a TUDOR logo, yours has a TRIPLOCK Rolex crown logo - WHY

Not sure. At first site I would have said genuine, but all the above concerns me enought to worry if its a marriage or pure fake

Finally I could not find a photo of that model movement, but close looking it seems to have an ETA ebauch mark, and its surely NOT TUDORS new inhouse movement used in Pelagos

All in all, I personally would NOT buy this watch
I may be 100% incorrect and paranoid - sorry if I cause you to loose a great deal. My view is better safe than sorry
adam

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for that youv confirmed what i already thought,
and i found it i think, google 20050N-95720 there all replica

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
thanks for that youv confirmed what i already thought,
and i found it i think, google 20050N-95720 there all replica
Glad to have helped

·
Registered
367 Posts
This appears to be yours here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=TUDOR+GRANTOUR&rlz=1C1TSNF_enES430ES430&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=663&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMI-vnD77qCxwIV7grbCh2MfQL7&dpr=1#imgrc=AaYj-kVPqJPOgM%3A

Bezel is different as you say, probably an aftermarket change.

But to me, TUDOR on yours is also much bigger, SWISS MADE is farther layed out on genuine,
INDEED all the display writing on yours seems heavier or bolder compare ROTOR and SELF-WINDING

I dont like all those points

Now back case of yours - lousy photos, but it appears to have some writing in the centre, here is a genuine watch case back
https://www.watchuseek.com/f29/sold-tudor-grantour-20500n-white-dial-bracelet-940969.html

ALSO look at logo in link above it is a TUDOR logo, yours has a TRIPLOCK Rolex crown logo - WHY

Not sure. At first site I would have said genuine, but all the above concerns me enought to worry if its a marriage or pure fake

Finally I could not find a photo of that model movement, but close looking it seems to have an ETA ebauch mark, and its surely NOT TUDORS new inhouse movement used in Pelagos

All in all, I personally would NOT buy this watch
I may be 100% incorrect and paranoid - sorry if I cause you to loose a great deal. My view is better safe than sorry
adam
That's a completely different watch you've linked to. The one in the original post (which is 100% genuine) is an earlier model with different bezel, case, dial etc - probably pre-2013. Which of course would also mean it would have an ETA and NOT Tudor's brand new in-house movement!

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
That's a completely different watch you've linked to. The one in the original post (which is 100% genuine) is an earlier model with different bezel, case, dial etc - probably pre-2013. Which of course would also mean it would have an ETA and NOT Tudor's brand new in-house movement!
Hi and thanks
That is why I always give a link with my reasons.

Can you give me a link to a genuine one, especially the movement, as I still have some doubts there.
Thanks in advance
adam

·
Registered
367 Posts
It's a genuine ETA movement with a modified balance cock and regulating screw. I'm not quite sure what else you need?

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
OK
Thanks the link, BUT the OPs watch is different
The OP's case back has writing in the center, where no other genuine Grantour Tudor's have, they all have plain center on the back and the usual script on the outside.

I agree dials now look same as is the crown
So looking more genuine - thanks
Regards

·
Registered
367 Posts
OK
Thanks the link, BUT the OPs watch is different
The OP's case back has writing in the center, where no other genuine Grantour Tudor's have, they all have plain center on the back and the usual script on the outside
That's just where a previous owner has had a message engraved on the case back.

·
Registered
13,447 Posts

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Agreed to you now
Thanks your efforts
Appreciated
adam

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi there. Your watch is the first generation of Grantours. The had different everything...wider bezel without dots, the logo was bigger, the outside of the dial and the markers were different also. Lugs were wider and polished, crown guards were squarish, size was 41 and now is 42, crown was tudor shield signed with the triple dot, exactly the same as rolex...watch else... clasp was smaller too.... i had the very same one and i loved it. Reference is 20050 whike the newer are 20500. Lovely watch, you'll never regret getting it. And guys, do your homework before saying something is fake.

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Hi there. Your watch is the first generation of Grantours. The had different everything...wider bezel without dots, the logo was bigger, the outside of the dial and the markers were different also. Lugs were wider and polished, crown guards were squarish, size was 41 and now is 42, crown was tudor shield signed with the triple dot, exactly the same as rolex...watch else... clasp was smaller too.... i had the very same one and i loved it. Reference is 20050 whike the newer are 20500. Lovely watch, you'll never regret getting it. And guys, do your homework before saying something is fake.
Thats fine info, thanks
I "did my home work" and was very careful to post a link to the watch I was referring to.
The OP, also did his homework and based on what he and I found, decided not to proceed, the correct decision based on what we found.

Thanks mainly to Lampoc and now you, both the OP and I have additional knowledge, but please do not imply either of us did not try to research it

Adam

1 - 20 of 28 Posts