WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the BR 123 Sport Heritage and very close to pulling the trigger. Yes, I know the Tudor Grantour Date is another animal, but it caught my eye -- particularly the white dial. I was surprised to learn the lugs are 24 mm, and despite the 42 mmm case, it does not wear huge. In fact, I think the integrated straps gives a very good feel to the fit . . . almost like a bracelet. Anybody have any thoughts on the Tudor? Too trendy? The cons to me are that, notwithstanding the fact that it is WR to 150m, you can only use the bracelet or two leather strap options they make for that model. You can't use any of the other Tudor leather straps or NATOs -- which actually sit in the spring bar, not on top of it like most NATOs. Of course, you could always do an aftermarket strap. I also like the Fastrider Chrono, but adding the chrono makes it too big and bulky and impacts the ability to wear with dress shirts. Thoughts? Others to consider?

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
of the two I think I will go for the B&R, based on the look alone. The Grantour Date is nice but I think the blue Heritage chrono is a much better representation of Tudor's historical model if you are looking for something more classic/vintage inspired.

May I suggest a Panerai to the mix as well, I can't help to see the Radiomir dial when I see the fake T-lume on the B&R dial.

All of them are running on ETA, the B&R is running on 2892, the Tudor Heritage is on 2824 with a chrono piggyback and the Radiomir on 6497/2. Regarding strap changing and ability to customize/accessorized, I think both Panerai and Tudor would be a better choice. Panerai is made for strap changing and the heritage came with different Nato/strap option from the factory.

Good luck with the hunt :)

<WUS server is slowing down big time so no photos for you :( >

<Server is back and running, here's the photos>

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. Which Panerai do you suggest -- keeping in mind that I want to keep it at 40-42 mm and that the Panerai is likely to be more expensive than the Tudor Heritage or B&R. As for the Tudor Heritage chrono -- any concern with the piggyback chrono in the 2824? The Heritage Chrono has sone appeal, but not sure if it fits the bill for daily wearer. Nevertheless, will check it out along with the Pelagos.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have not yet made it to check out the Pelagos, but reading about the BRs it is amazing the amount of bashing they take. People really love to hate them. Strangely, while I used to hate, I mean hate the square BRs, the simple 42mms have actually grown on me recently. I may try one of those too. I like the fact that they have wrist presence, look sporty, and yet are not too thick. The Grantour is still in the mix, but I wish I could see one with some different aftermarket straps -- maybe even a cordura strap. I know that may be out of character, but think it would look cool. I get that the Heritage line is really what Tudor is known for, but I'm not sure if I'm digging it, and the chrono definately makes it thicker. And, I know that there are a ton of rave reviews for the Black Bay, but it has no date, and to me fits into the same category as and misses the boat just the same as the Omega SM300 . . . it is a dress diver. It is beautiful, but too much bling in the watch. In terms of the Panerai, I think it is a step above my price range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts