WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I noticed some wear on the crown of my Tudor BB the other day and wondered firstly if anyone else has experienced the same thing, and secondly, would it be considered wear and tear or does it seem more of a manufacturing fault... I have had the watch just over a year so is still in warranty with my local AD. I have attached the image to this post below. As you may be able to see the black inner of three of the five rose petals has been removed somehow?

Thanks in advance.

Jake

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Don't wear one myself but there's several reports over at TRF on identical losing paint infill on BB rose crowns. Some don't care, some have hit up warranty. Pop over or Google.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hi guys,

I noticed some wear on the crown of my Tudor BB the other day and wondered firstly if anyone else has experienced the same thing, and secondly, would it be considered wear and tear or does it seem more of a manufacturing fault... I have had the watch just over a year so is still in warranty with my local AD. I have attached the image to this post below. As you may be able to see the black inner of three of the five rose petals has been removed somehow?

Thanks in advance.

Jake
Wow. A little ocd flare-up here. Personally I would not care - it's a tool watch. But, obviously it bothers you. Why not simply repaint it?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It doesn't bug me intensely, just curious if it was a common problem... have to think it shouldn't happen after just over a year of use though. Don't fancy my painting skills if I'm honest!! :)

·
Registered
Patek Philippe 5960P, Grand Seiko SBGM221, Rolex 16570 Exp II Polar, Omega Speedmaster FOIS
2,166 Posts
Someone on the FB Tudor group had the same issue. My BBR is an early one from 2012 and all fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Patek Philippe 5960P, Grand Seiko SBGM221, Rolex 16570 Exp II Polar, Omega Speedmaster FOIS
2,166 Posts
But it is basically a simple paint fill in a very shallow engraving so it’s not a big surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Luckily for me, the BB36 doesn't have the paint! Hopefully the raised rose doesn't start to lose it's shape though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts