WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this vintage Tudor Oyster Prince and took it to my watch repair store because the manual wind does not work (it can get started only by shaking).

The watch guy said because it does not have a serial no. that he cannot know what part to use, and he thinks the lack of serial no. and lightweight case back indicate it is a fake.

The domed acrylic crystal seems a bit cheap and unblemished so I was assuming that is not original.

I guess this watch is from the 1970s, and I don't think it is the sort that was worth faking at that time.

Does anyone have a similar original to compare it to?

1. front of watch.jpg 2. back of watch.jpg 3. Crown and domed acrylic.jpg 4. Movement I.jpg 5. Movement II.jpg 6. Caseback.jpg

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Sorry OP, its no good. Its actually a really bad fake. Looks like one of those Indian or Pakistani fakes. Nothing on that watch was produced by Tudor or Rolex. Return it if you can

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry OP, its no good. Its actually a really bad fake. Looks like one of those Indian or Pakistani fakes. Nothing on that watch was produced by Tudor or Rolex. Return it if you can
Oh dear! I bought it via Zenmarket accessing Yahoo Auctions so I think that I will have to chalk this one up to experience. What are the signs that I missed in the photos that I should be looking out for? In the auction they did not show the open case, so I guess that is a bad sign.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Oh dear! I bought it via Zenmarket accessing Yahoo Auctions so I think that I will have to chalk this one up to experience. What are the signs that I missed in the photos that I should be looking out for? In the auction they did not show the open case, so I guess that is a bad sign.
The most obvious is the case. Rolex never made that style case. The dial is really rough, etc, etc, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts