WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I am absolutely new here and also to the vintage watchmarket. I am planning to buy a vintage Tudor watch from a lady who says got it on her 18th birthday from a wealthy friend. She is 60 now, doesn't want to wear it anymore. I do believe her but I am not 100% sure so maybe i could use some guidance. It is in pretty bad condition but I am planning to get it restored. Please do give your honest opinion, I haven't bought it yet and can cancel it. Thank you so much!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts
I'm having some trouble understanding what I'm seeing in terms of the bezel. Could you possible take another photo from another angle? I see a machine-turned top surface, but then around it there is a large open area, or perhaps a beveled outer edge of the bezel. In any case, I'm having a hard time recognizing it from the photo.

Edit: Ok, never mind, I found some examples that are quartz with this bezel and the integrated bracelet. Obviously, quartz versions are not as desirable, and this example has some very serious condition issues with the damage to the dial. So I think it's authentic, but if you buy it, you should not pay very much for it. Restoration would not add any value to it, and it might not come out very well. You could probably buy a nice watch for the total you will pay for the watch + restoration. I would stay away.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
If the price is right and you like the watch I say go for it.
You have any idea of the cost of restoring it will be? I'd stay away, like badbackdan said.

·
Registered
620 Posts
About $200 + needed parts. It all depends on the price being paid, if Flashbax is getting it for a couple of hundred why not take a chance? Or maybe that reasoning is why I have so many watches that need to be repaired! :)

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
About $200 + needed parts. It all depends on the price being paid, if Flashbax is getting it for a couple of hundred why not take a chance? Or maybe that reasoning is why I have so many watches that need to be repaired! :)
For a couple of hundred I would run miles from it like some crazy bolton :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts