WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 687 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’d like to create a thread where owners of the Tudor Pelagos FXD can share their pictures, stories, and opinions.
Sure, it say’s Pelagos on the dial, but the FXD is very different to the ‘regular’ model.
Although our numbers may be small at the moment, they’re certainly going to grow, hopefully for years to come.

Here’s mine at work.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

Watch Analog watch Automotive tire Clock Watch accessory

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
Thanks Jasper - great pics - I am waiting for my AD to ring me - I am front of the queue and they haven't received on yet, but are promised one before xmas - I'd love to hear your view on the watch & comparison to others you have/had.

Reactions: tbSFnative

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jasper - great pics - I am waiting for my AD to ring me - I am front of the queue and they haven't received on yet, but are promised one before xmas - I'd love to hear your view on the watch & comparison to others you have/had.
Hopefully you won’t have to wait too long.

I absolutely love this watch! It ticks every box for me. Firstly, the fixed bars reduce the chance of loosing the watch. For me, this is the main attraction. Second is the size, in particular the height. I’m a great fan of the Pelagos LHD, the softly coloured hands and markers, and of course, the roulette date wheel. I have no issue with the height of the LHD, but the FXD blows it away! It really does sit noticeably lower on the wrist, even with a single pass strap underneath it. At 43m across the bezel, I’m probably at my limit. But this isn’t a dress piece and my wrist is on the smaller side of 7 inches. It’s a tool watch. I get that many would like to see a 40mm version and wind the clock back to the 70’s. But take a look at footage from that era, everyone’s as skinny as hell. Wrists ain’t what they used to be. Third, the Lume. I’ve never made a conscious effort to charge the Lume at night. With my eyes adjusted for the dark, I can easily see the time after 8 hours! And the snowflake hand really helps in differentiating between hours and minutes. It’s not as bright initially as the Lume on my regular Pelagos, but I sometimes find that too bright. My two Tudor’s have the best lume of any watch I’ve had outside of Tritium gas tubes. Forth, I really like a fully graduated bezel insert. Is it a bit in your face? Perhaps, but it’s been made to be seen easily.

So what’s not to like? Well nothing really. I don’t dislike anything about the FXD. I’m not a great fan of either strap if I’m being totally honest. The rubber bulges out from the case too much in my opinion, and wrist size. Although being in between holes is it’s biggest downfall for me. The fabric strap looks better, but how long will that ‘self gripping’ fabric hold out before it starts to loose grip?

As I wrote at the beginning, the FXD ticks all my boxes 😃

Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Font

·
Registered
999 Posts
Waiting impatiently for mine. On a couple of lists, but I think it will be another Italy or France pick-up while on one of my breaks this year. I've had much better luck there as supply to the UK is getting worse and worse.

Stunning. Does this turn almost black in dim light like the 58 Blue? I tried on a FXD at my AD, but it was under showroom lighting so I couldnt see how the blue changes under different light.

Watch Hand Analog watch Gesture Clock

·
Registered
12,334 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
I saw someone on Instagram had a similar issue and took a pair of scissors and a sewing machine to make it shorter from the buckle end
Yeah I watched his video review on YouTube on the mod to shorten it. At least that's an option to take it to a seamstress.

Reactions: Jasper110

·
Registered
318 Posts
As if by magic, after I watched a video on the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Ultra Deep and thought to myself it would be cool if a manufacturer did a fixed spring bar diver, Tudor announced the FXD 5 days later :D

I wonder if we'll see Omega create this based on the 300M...

Watch Analog watch Azure Clock Everyday carry

Watch Analog watch Azure Clock Watch accessory

Tire Automotive tire Flash photography Grey Automotive lighting

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
How many find it "limiting" only being able to do "nato type" straps. Or am I missing something.

As somebody who use to wear a lot of Nato straps but no longer does...I was just wondering. Thanks.

Watch Clock Analog watch Silver Nickel

1 - 20 of 687 Posts