WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
If you're looking for an everyday watch, the Pelagos hands down. It's more versatile. I am partial to the LHD Pelagos or the blue model.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Aesthetically I'd definitely go with the BB Bronze. I'm sure the longer you wear it,the better it would look once it forms a nice patina. A pure classic in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Goes without saying but try both on your wrist. I was close to getting the BB Bronze but the numerals at 3,6,9 look out of balance with the dial to me. Also, patina is one thing, looking like a battery has leaked on it is another. I was politely warned of this by my AD. He didnt advise me not to buy it but warned the patina can get out of control on bronze watches. He knows my watches go in the sea so maybe he was being over cautious but bringing them back to bronze might not be that easy when you're bored of the brown/green look. I don't think its a case of getting out the brasso if you fancy smartening it up again. The bronze is a very cool watch but it might be something you could tire of fairly easily. Don't get me wrong, I would love one but I know how fickle I can be. I went for a pelagos in the end, its a great all rounder and a rinse under the tap gets it back to what it looks like in the showroom. Its a ton of watch for the money.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just my 2 cents you see the pelagos everywhere I almost never see the BBB. plenty of BBs but not the bronze . Maybe that's just around Boston but hey - try them both on and which ever one says take me home that's it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
449 Posts
I think first the Pelagos. For some reason I guess leaning to a bronze as an option makes me a like traditional, but I do find it more versatile. Of course, my options are talking without trying either on. But at this point I don't think even that would change my mind. The wife, who is not very WISsy, says she likes neither.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'd go for the Pelagos. I was very excited for the bronze, but tried it on and decided to cross it off my list. Granted, that's me personally, and maybe you'll put it on and love it, but I had the opposite experience.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
It'd be the BB Bronze for me. |>

1 - 20 of 56 Posts