WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
4521 - 4540 of 4594 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
The classic fridge for 10 minutes test hehehe I can tell you based on them being outside in 0 - 8 degrees that doesn't effect my pelagos bezels but never tried the warmer temps of a refrigerator before.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yeah, here in the tropics we have to use high technology to test titanium since the coldest temperature at night is about 60F.
Watch Arm Analog watch Green Gesture

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
What's the strap on the LHD? Looks awesome!
I'll have to check , bought a boat load on whatever that big sale day is in November 11th on whatever site it's called abibibi lol had no idea they would take so long to arrive but they are well made and sturdy so I'm happy.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Hehehe the fur missile hehehehe.. you ready to sell that one strap that came with the fxd yet ?

2nd Christmas hmmmm

The fabric one? Not really. Since I don’t wear that one I wanna keep it new just in case I ever go to sell. If I can ever source the short one for myself I’ll see if I can get the longer one for you, since you said before you typically need longer than most factory strap options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I have to say that I’m pleasantly surprised by the bracelet (just got it this morning). I typically remove rubber straps and bracelets as soon as a watch arrives (single-pass NATO fan here), but I think I’ll wear it on the bracelet for now.

View attachment 16351264
A. The bracelet is super comfy cozy AF B. This fact won't change your normal impulses which here we will only encourage. You have by all accounts and testimonials is the watch hoochie of all watches & will damn near go with at least 1 gazillion confirmed strap combos including your normal go to single pass natos ... prep yourself is all we can say. Congratulations on the LHD.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I’ve been using Horotec 10.307 with no problems
Just in case anyone else comes across this post…the Horotec 10.307 does not fit my Pelagos. I got some light scratches by literally just lightly setting it on the surface of the bracelet and watch to see if it would access the spring bar, so you’d chew the watch up pretty good attempting a strap change with this tool.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Just in case anyone else comes across this post…the Horotec 10.307 does not fit my Pelagos. I got some light scratches by literally just lightly setting it on the surface of the bracelet and watch to see if it would access the spring bar, so you’d chew the watch up pretty good attempting a strap change with this tool.
That’s really strange. I’ve 2 pairs of endlinks and the .307 fits each and every one really well. Bracelet removal in seconds. Perhaps the tool itself isn’t made to exact tolerances? One thing I have found though is that the Pelagos Springbars can be prone to sticking, making compressing the spring difficult. This normally happens to just one side. I’ve given all springbars a very light spray with silicon lubricant and they now compress smoothly.

Watch Beige Silver Knife Wood
Body jewelry Silver Finger Material property Nickel
Watch Glasses Arm Analog watch Vision care

·
Registered
895 Posts
The classic fridge for 10 minutes test hehehe I can tell you based on them being outside in 0 - 8 degrees that doesn't effect my pelagos bezels but never tried the warmer temps of a refrigerator before.

Did the fridge and ice water plunge with no bezel impairment. So appears not to be a temperature driven phenomenon. Somehow just salt water.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
802 Posts
That’s really strange. I’ve 2 pairs of endlinks and the .307 fits each and every one really well. Bracelet removal in seconds. Perhaps the tool itself isn’t made to exact tolerances? One thing I have found though is that the Pelagos Springbars can be prone to sticking, making compressing the spring difficult. This normally happens to just one side. I’ve given all springbars a very light spray with silicon lubricant and they now compress smoothly.

View attachment 16352607 View attachment 16352608 View attachment 16352609
They even have “MSA 10.307” advertised as Rolex tweezers on a lot of sites. I ended up getting the spring bar (carefully) removed with my regular/narrow spring bar tool.

I’m guessing that I could file this down to make it work.

Finger Font Wood Office supplies Thumb

Hand Sleeve Gesture Finger Watch

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
They even have “MSA 10.307” advertised as Rolex tweezers on a lot of sites. I ended up getting the spring bar (carefully) removed with my regular/narrow spring bar tool.

I’m guessing that I could file this down to make it work.

View attachment 16352760
View attachment 16352759

View attachment 16352771
Wow! Your tweezers don’t even fit in the gap. You must have been annoyed after purchasing them following my recommendation. What can I say? I can’t remember where I purchased mine, but do remember it was in advance of getting my LHD having read that bracelet removal could be tricky. I have an array of the usual springbar tools, so probably looked for the cheapest option at the time. I’m sorry that you’ve had a frustrating time because of this and certainly won’t be suggesting the use of this particular tool in the future.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Wow! Your tweezers don’t even fit in the gap. You must have been annoyed after purchasing them following my recommendation. What can I say? I can’t remember where I purchased mine, but do remember it was in advance of getting my LHD having read that bracelet removal could be tricky. I have an array of the usual springbar tools, so probably looked for the cheapest option at the time. I’m sorry that you’ve had a frustrating time because of this and certainly won’t be suggesting the use of this particular tool in the future.
It’s just odd. I looked around at reviews and descriptions on a few websites before I finally ordered them. I have to assume: 1. Their manufacturing tolerances aren’t that tight, or 2. The “MSA” actually indicates something (sizing wise) that is not expressed in the description of any of the websites that I checked out.

Even the Esslinger website, which seems to be a lot of folks “go to,” was worthless in terms of providing useful information about this tool. I.e. Did not indicate whether the tweezer for purchase was the 10.306 or 10.307.

Edit: Broke out my axe & knife sharpening stone.
Outerwear Sleeve Grey Collar Wood

4521 - 4540 of 4594 Posts