WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just received this tudor, however I am skeptical due to the barely seen serial number on the case (needed a macro lens and still cant make it out) and the pictured gold on the inside of the lugs. This also came on a rolex leather strap. Any insight would be appreciated thanks! IMG_2839.jpg
IMG_2840.jpg
IMG_2841.jpg
IMG_2843.jpg
IMG_2844.jpg
IMG_2849.jpg
IMG_2850.jpg
IMG_2848.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a picture of the movement would help the most

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Ill try to pop the back open once the tools I bought get here. It looks like Id need that wedge tool that the kit comes with

·
Registered
645 Posts
If you can make out the serial number with a loupe, type it in online and see if it pops up. That is one way to tell if it's a real Tudor.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ill try to pop the back open once the tools I bought get here. It looks like Id need that wedge tool that the kit comes with

It should be a screwed on case back, requires a Rolex tool. There are aftermarket tools available too. Movement will be tell tail. Looks mostly okay, the date wheel looks funny to me though. I have a couple, let me look at them when I get home from work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah damn ok gunna need to add that tool to the cart then. Thanks a bunch

·
4,390 Posts
The watch was most likely started life as a gold capped 9050/1 that someone really went to town on. Authentic, but in a very unfortunate state. Also I cannot vouch for that strap, and would be rightfully suspicious.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Arent those without the fluted bezel? Otherwise it looks very similar yea...do u really think someone just sanded down all of the gold?

·
4,390 Posts
To be honest, the watch is such a mess as it stands one can only conjecture at what model it is and what parts may be original to it.

It may be a 75205 with the wrong dial, it may be 9050/1 with the wrong bezel, it may another reference all together like a 90735. Is the bezel authentic? The more I look at it the more I wonder... Lots of questions with this one.

Google Tudor prince oyster date gold capped or gold cap or gold plated. It may take while, but you’ll have to research this a bit as these type of Tudors are not too commonly discussed here. Who knows you may get lucky and find out exactly what it is. Taking the back of the thing would be huge help as to finding out what it is, but that’s been said already, so I won’t.

If you have purchased this watch off someone then I would look into getting a refund. Not much more I have to add.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yeah...I tend to agree. After looking at the date wheel, the gold off of the case, the lack of serial + reference.....send it back and restart the hunt. These watches are not exceedingly rare, and for a good one I think the wait and the hunt are worth it.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
To be honest, the watch is such a mess as it stands one can only conjecture at what model it is and what parts may be original to it.

It may be a 75205 with the wrong dial, it may be 9050/1 with the wrong bezel, it may another reference all together like a 90735. Is the bezel authentic? The more I look at it the more I wonder... Lots of questions with this one.

Google Tudor prince oyster date gold capped or gold cap or gold plated. It may take while, but you’ll have to research this a bit as these type of Tudors are not too commonly discussed here. Who knows you may get lucky and find out exactly what it is. Taking the back of the thing would be huge help as to finding out what it is, but that’s been said already, so I won’t.

If you have purchased this watch off someone then I would look into getting a refund. Not much more I have to add.
Agree with what u say but if OP bought this watch at great bargain prices and wouldn't mind having a non 100% original stock parts. I will still regards as worth getting it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Agree with what u say but if OP bought this watch at great bargain prices and wouldn't mind having a non 100% original stock parts. I will still regards as worth getting it.
I got it for $900...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I got it for $900...

I wouldn't say that is a bargain. I got my steel and gold with a blue dial for $700. Send it back if you can. Keep searching, worth waiting for.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wouldn't say that is a bargain. I got my steel and gold with a blue dial for $700. Send it back if you can. Keep searching, worth waiting for.

Yeah especially since i am getting a lot of negative uncertainty from users here and on reddit as well. Thanks for all the help everyone

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yeah especially since i am getting a lot of negative uncertainty from users here and on reddit as well. Thanks for all the help everyone

That's why we are here my friend; got to help each other out! Post a few you find for sale for a review here, we'll take a look.

·
4,390 Posts
Sorry it worked out badly for you.

I only wish you came here first before jumping in head first.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry it worked out badly for you.

I only wish you came here first before jumping in head first.
I wish that as well. Unfortunately the seller refused the refund or a discount so I guess Im learning a hard lesson about this. Thanks for all that you guys did to look into this I really appreciate it

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
That was originally a "Gold plated" watch. Tudor did plating instead of gold capped like Rolex did. Since it was their entry level line, the plating process was more affordable. That triangle between the lugs gives it away. You most likely wont see the model number or serial number because they were polished off when the plating was removed. The Rolex strap and buckle are fake. Rolex makes Crocodile, not cow hide straps. The buckle is fake too.

The $900 you paid is what it would be worth with a bracelet. The seller wont return it because they know what they sold.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts