WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

So question is opinion on this watch? Build quality, movement etc.

Last week got my first hand wound watch and I love it. It feels really great interacting with the watch everyday to keep it going and the satisfaction of winding the watch is well something I really enjoy compared to my autos.

So I have started looking at other hand winders, just so happens I was going to get a Tudor GMT later in the year but might now be looking at the ranger.

Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahahaha so it is, I had a few beers last night... well more than a few. The fact that it says self-winding on the face of the watch should have kinda gave me a clue :0) thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's on my list. Looks great in person and you can find pretty good deals on used models. I like the camo strap they came with, but I think the latest ones being sold at the AD no longer come with it.

·
Registered
583 Posts
It's on my list. Looks great in person and you can find pretty good deals on used models. I like the camo strap they came with, but I think the latest ones being sold at the AD no longer come with it.
I have always liked the tutor heritage ranger but because it is 41mm and almost all dial it’s going to wear pretty large. I sure wish they made this watch in 38mm!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have always liked the tutor heritage ranger but because it is 41mm and almost all dial it’s going to wear pretty large. I sure wish they made this watch in 38mm!
Not a deal breaker for me, but it definitely would be improved if they made it a bit smaller.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hahahaha so it is, I had a few beers last night... well more than a few. The fact that it says self-winding on the face of the watch should have kinda gave me a clue :0) thanks
Haha – while inebriated, you could have figured "Oh hey, it says I need to wind it myself"

I love the Ranger. It's on the large size for some, but if you have the wrist for it, it's a nice piece with 1016 vibes for not a lot of money.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hello guys,

So question is opinion on this watch? Build quality, movement etc.

Last week got my first hand wound watch and I love it. It feels really great interacting with the watch everyday to keep it going and the satisfaction of winding the watch is well something I really enjoy compared to my autos.

So I have started looking at other hand winders, just so happens I was going to get a Tudor GMT later in the year but might now be looking at the ranger.

Thanks
I really like the Tudor GMT and have considered one. The date issue bothers me, it hasn't been resolved. I cannot take the bet that I wouldn't have a problem, especially if bought second hand. Who knows what you might be getting and wouldn't want to rely on a grey warranty. Guys are reporting being on their own after warranty expires and the watch being repaired several time with known problems. If it were me, I would not buy the Tudor GMT at this time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts