WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have recently bought a nice 1993 Tudor submariner but the hands have been changed during a service in 2006. Which means that they are luminova hands. I am searching for original tritium hands do you have any references from Rolex or Tudor that will fit my
watch and do you know where to buy them (my research have not been yet successful) ? IMG_2013.jpg IMG_1518.jpg

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Tritium isn't made any more, and Tudor/Rolex might have a few extra sets in their vault, but unless you can show royal lineage or your last name is Wilsdorf, it's unlikely you'll ever get access to those.

The ETA movement has different hand posts than a Rolex movement, so sourcing a Rolex sub set won't work.

You might try posting a WTB at Vintage Rolex Forums and see what comes your way. Or you could make lots of calls to watch repair people who've been around for a few decades and see if they have a hand set lying around their parts drawers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok Thank you, as i'm living in Switzerland i may find some in the many watch repairs around.
The insert has faded a lot with the UV and probably salt water. It's quite common on the 79090 probably due to a specific paint used on these models.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
The bezel looks fab. It would be nice to have an original handset for sure, but if you can't find one then there is much to enjoy about this watch as it is. And at least you don't need to worry about the lume falling out any time soon. Maybe not what you're after, but you could consider having these existing hands professionally relumed and aged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts