WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi WUS fam,

I have acquired this beauty last Summer and it’s been my favorite sub in my collection and it sits much better on my 6.5” wrist comparing to Rolex sub which makes me smile every time when I have it on.

When I see some nice Tudor subs’ pictures on forum or Instagram I noticed the “T SWISS” and “MADE T” sit separately on the left and right side of bottom 6 o’ clock triangle, but the letters on mine is only “T-SWISS-T” and sit right below the triangle. My serial is 3xxxx so it’s dated back to 92, is my Tudor sub dial a service dial or a different variation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,417 Posts
Your dial was the first lot of the 79090 reference number since the update in 1989 with the release of the new reference. The T - SWISS MADE - T dial started from 1993 model year onwards.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your dial was the first lot of the 79090 reference number since the update in 1989 with the release of the new reference. The T - SWISS MADE - T dial started from 1993 model year onwards.
Ahhh, that explains why, thanks brother!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi WUS fam,

I have acquired this beauty last Summer and it’s been my favorite sub in my collection and it sits much better on my 6.5” wrist comparing to Rolex sub which makes me smile every time when I have it on.

When I see some nice Tudor subs’ pictures on forum or Instagram I noticed the “T SWISS” and “MADE T” sit separately on the left and right side of bottom 6 o’ clock triangle, but the letters on mine is only “T-SWISS-T” and sit right below the triangle. My serial is 3xxxx so it’s dated back to 92, is my Tudor sub dial a service dial or a different variation?

Interesting how similar is your dial to my 76000

1 - 8 of 8 Posts