WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 654 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got back from my AD where I was told that Tudor is getting ready to announce something new. Apparently, they just called and said my AD could have any 2 of the 3 variants (steel bracelet, leather strap, or nato) and that more info is forthcoming.

Has anyone else heard this? Any ideas?

PS: My AD also said that Tudor asked for any and all North Flag models back too. No idea if this is connected but maybe...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just watched a video on YouTube from the CEO of one the big online watch sales companies taking about this. He said Tudor will release 1 watch this year and Tudor are certain it will be their number 1 or 2 seller.

I’ll try to find the link to the video and will post it up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj_IY0XzBV0&t=233s

Here we go. Tudor bit at 3:16.

What could Tudor have on their plate that they think will outsell the BB 58 and GMT? Tudor Snowflake Sub? One can only hope.
Wow. I must have missed this episode. A Sub seems like wishful thinking to me (also, would they release one on steel, leather, and rubber?). They've also been hinting at a new heritage chrono but I'd never imagine that to be a top seller.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wow. I must have missed this episode. A Sub seems like wishful thinking to me (also, would they release one on steel, leather, and rubber?). They've also been hinting at a new heritage chrono but I'd never imagine that to be a top seller.
Agreed - It is the 50th anniversary of the heritage chrono but those models were never particularly popular so I don't see them being a top seller..

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
There was some discussion on this on a couple other threads; My guess though is that it's either a Ranger replacement, or BB58 Date.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just got back from my AD where I was told that Tudor is getting ready to announce something new. Apparently, they just called and said my AD could have any 2 of the 3 variants (steel bracelet, leather strap, or nato) and that more info is forthcoming.

PS: My AD also said that Tudor asked for any and all North Flag models back too. No idea if this is connected but maybe...
Did they mention when(roughly) can we expect this release?

The easiest bestseller with almost no effort would be a BB58 variation - new color or a gmt version. They only need to produce new dials and bezels.....I don't see what else could be a smash hit for Tudor. A new North Flag would have to be a spectacular watch with a 39mm case and a more conservative look than the "current" one in order to be a bestseller.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts

That's weird. The NF is on the updated website, and when models are retired, they sell them, they don't pulp the remainders :). Did they ask for the Rangers back too?

Wonder if it's a recall scenario. But I'm guessing the new Tudor will be a '58 variant. And there'll be little point and sending any to the UK, given that shops everywhere else are open but ours continue to be shuttered, month after month, as our economy contracts more than any other on the planet (per the OECD).

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's weird. The NF is on the updated website, and when models are retired, they sell them, they don't pulp the remainders :). Did they ask for the Rangers back too?

Wonder if it's a recall scenario. But I'm guessing the new Tudor will be a '58 variant. And there'll be little point and sending any to the UK, given that shops everywhere else are open but ours continue to be shuttered, month after month, as our economy contracts more than any other on the planet (per the OECD).
I phoned St James today because I wanted a service on my Pelagos. He gave me the choices, and one of them was, from Monday you can take it into your nearest AD as they're all reopening this Monday.

1 - 20 of 654 Posts