WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

441 - 460 of 653 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Anyone else been struggling to access WUS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, on Tapatalk for the last two days.
No problems logging in on the regular website.

Problem with Tapatalk was solved an hour ago..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LYA-L29 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
What about this by Koolpep?

"UPDATE:

I have seen a photo of the watch in the ADs hand (hence can't post it) - it is a stunner (but I think I still prefer the original BB58) and Tudor will sell tons of these.

The blue is indeed like the Blackbay blue and the dial/markers etc are the exact same as BB58 but not gilt. The bip on the bezel and markings on bezel are white - no single gilt bit on the watch. A bit boring but I am sure it will sell by the bucket load.

I was able to reserve one and will get it send to me 1st July - should be with me a couple of days later.
Cheers!"
Is the lume white or the same color as the current BB58?

Reactions: Buchmann69

·
Registered
629 Posts
It would have looked much better if it was blue and gilt imo, much better than than black and gilt. Cause blue and yellowish and very contrasting colours to begin with, and gold gives it more subtlety without being too clown flashy. Blue and silver is just plain boring.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
I would've loved this with the gilt. I don't get why you take the gilt - that's one of the signatures of the bb58.

I like blue and silver too - I just wish it was the pelagos blue

·
Registered
13 Posts
Personally, I'm imagining that Tudors just playing it safe this year with the Black Bay 58 Blue given the current state of the pandemic, and saving the true "bombs" for next year when they have a more proper stage to fully gain attention.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I get why people say it's unimaginative and boring, but why the surprise? This move has been the core of the BB line. Personally I like it, it calls back to the OG blue snowflakes for me. Have an appt. to try on this week to see if I'll buy.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I get why people say it's unimaginative and boring, but why the surprise? This move has been the core of the BB line. Personally I like it, it calls back to the OG blue snowflakes for me. Have an appt. to try on this week to see if I'll buy.
Agree totally with these sentiments. This is the quintessential one-watch for me. And I can’t wait to see how it ages on my wrist. I wanted my last Seamaster to fill that role, and it killed it spec- wise. But the size and twisted lugs finally got to me. I can’t wait to try my fifth or sixth BB. My local Tudor ad took my name yesterday, but played coy. We’ll see how long it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think I like the original BB58 better, but I do want to see it in person. The question is, as usual, will this be possible?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would’ve preferred a black dial, but at least Ander Ugarte didn’t throw a bunch of gilt on it like everything else he's been doing recently. A lot of people like blue dials so I’m sure this will sell well.
Now if we could just get a black BB58 without the gilt bezel...

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think the new version of BB58 has to be with blue dial and bezel and with white indexes and hands. BB36 and BB41 were first sold only with black dials untill blue version came on sale. I think same is going to happen with BB58 and for me that blue looks very nice. And Tudor has also history with blue submariner so it would be logical that we would see next a blue version of BB58.

·
Registered
481 Posts
So it seems they just produced a new blue dial and a new blue bezel.. I was excited about this but seems boring. As an owner also of a blue Omega SMP 300 i really think there is no reason of getting one.

The only thing that bothered in the gilted one is the gilt on the bezel.

So what about getting the first BB58 and replace the bezel with this new one ?:sneaky::sneaky:
That’s exactly what I was thinking

·
Registered
671 Posts
I can’t wait to see how it ages on my wrist.
That's just it - it won't. Maybe a few dings on the bezel, but in fifty years the white lume and stainless hands will look as cold and crisp as the day they left the factory. Today's watches simply won't age like they used to, and that's why this should have had a bit of warmth added at birth in some creamy lume and gilt.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's just it - it won't. Maybe a few dings on the bezel, but in fifty years the white lume and stainless hands will look as cold and crisp as the day they left the factory. Today's watches simply won't age like they used to, and that's why this should have had a bit of warmth added at birth in some creamy lume and gilt.
The lack of gilt makes it less tacky, less fake vintage and more cool.

See what I did there 😊

Design is not math and you can't quantify aesthetics so you can't say the gilded one is better than the blue one for every living soul.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Agreed - not everything needs to be gilted or "aged."

There is a lack of modest proportioned blue on blue divers out there with this type of value proposition - there will be a backlog for these just like there will be for the black variant.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Square hour markers would have been a stunner. There is no charm in this design, and I still hate the snowflake hand and circle markers. It looks like someone swinging a sledgehammer.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Design is not math and you can't quantify aesthetics so you can't say the gilded one is better than the blue one for every living sole.
I didn't. I responded to a poster who specifically mentioned ageing.

I don't see anything about the regular BB58 as 'faux'. They are simply colour choices, that happen to give a warmth that we mostly associate with vintage watches because we generally don't see it in modern ones. I would argue that it was an important part of the secret sauce that made the 58 the 58.

441 - 460 of 653 Posts